Flamingo becomes Swan?

Tesla12

Like a bad penny,  I've turned up again.  Things have been a bit crazy but hopefully settling down again.  I carved the "flamingo's" bill to one that hopefully is a little more swan like.  Painted ivory and waxed with furniture wax mixed with walnut stain.  And re-upholstered in a cream and purple thistle fabric.  Someday..... a house for the furniture.  

100_2124.jpg

• Like 3

You are kind Holly---I think the foot of the chaise looks a bit wonky.  I'm going to try to glue it down better using a syringe with 22 G needle attached and see if I can get it to lay down better.  Thank you for your kind words. 

Thank you all very kindly.   Cynthia, it's a piece by Bespaq that I bought with my Christmas present from my brother not last year but the year before.  It was a mahogany finish and I really kept seeing a flamingo rather than a swan when I looked at the bird's bill.  I really thought the piece was plastic based on it's heft but the forum convinced me to take a knife to it and I was able to carve a bill that I think looks more "swanish".   

2 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Attempting to reproduce that piece.  My attempts at carving shall never see the light of day (but have made great kindling).

Oh, I see. I wouldn't have connected a Dremel to such delicate carving, so your comment went sailing right over my head.