Exciting News

Lyn

As many of you know that my kids and I are currently starting our new lives and picked up most of the pieces but still alot of emotional damage has been done with my ex and all. Since I have left in July I ahve accomplished soo much and have become a stronger and also changeing person everyday for the better. I am very overwhlemd by what I have accomplished in 4 months time and I just wanted to share it with all of mini frriends.

I got my own apartment,applied for the local college,have reliable daycare for the kids, and I might have a job by Monday and I have only been looking for a job since last Friday. I applied at Target yesterday had 2 interviews right on the spot and I have a 3 one on Monday. Iam very excited and just wanted to share.

I also have started the Haunted House and it is gonna be my little starting over Christmas house with little sayings of the things I have accomplished in such a short amount of time.

I also have been working very closely with my kids school counsellor and my own and Iam finally finding the person I use to be before I got messed up with my EX.

I have come along way and have sooo much more to look forward to and it feels great to actually be living again instead of being so wrapped up in what my Ex was doing who is a addict and abusive.

Thanks for reading(listening)

Hugs,

Lynn -

Good for you honey. Taking control of your life is a power that all of us have to some degree.

Just yesterday, while I was in the doctor's office waiting room, I read a magazine article (old magazine ... but aren't they always in the waiting rooms) that talked about taking time to assess things in your life from time to time. Ask yourself questions: Am I happy? Am I doing things that I want? If not, why not? Is something or somebody keeping you from fulfilling your needs and your dreams?

I think that these are important questions to ask ourselves from time to time.

I'm so glad to hear that you've initiated so many good and healthy changes in your life. At the very very beginning it probably seemed tough to impossible. But, little by little, you move forward. I'm so very proud of you. And I hope you're proud of yourself. Your kids are so blessed to have you as their mum.

Hugs.

-Susanne

Wow, Lyn! What accomplishments you have made in such a short time. Congratulations on everything and on being so strong to make the needed changes. You and your kids will be in my thoughts and prayers for continued success. Good luck on Monday!!

Hugs,

Carrie

Lyn I'm so happy for you and your kids :D . I know you'll do great in whatever comes your way now. The Christmas house is a wonderful idea so then you will always remember your strength at such a hard time and help you grow stronger. Susanne is right, your kids are lucky to have a mom like you :):D .

Good Luck on Monday and please keep us informed, and remember you always have us to lean on :) .

HUGS

Lyn, it's amazing how strong a woman can become when the will is there to make the needed changes. I pray you can look forward to your new life with enthusiasm and excitement. I'm very proud of you and so very happy for your children.

Lyn,

I am so happy and excited for you, and I am glad that you are doing so well...Isn't it amazing how someone else can completely wreak havoc in anothers life? I wish that I had your strength and determination...In February of 2005, I was accused of a commiting a crime and as a result, I lost my job...(I had worked for the company for 30 years and I thought that I had been a pretty good employee, but I guess that didn't really matter)..turns out that a fellow co-worker (who was also let go) was guilty of the act..but the damage was done... A few weeks later, I discovered that management knew I hadn't done anything wrong, but let me go anyways....and to make matters worse, I had absolutely no recourse...I spoke with an attorney, but was told that there was nothing I could do...That was the beginning of my downward spiral...I found myself very depressed and very angry...Angry with the jerk who caused all the trouble, but more angry with myself for being so trusting and naive...I had in the past always considered myself to be an independent and strong person...My husband died when my children were toddlers and I raised them by myself...I never in a million years would have thought that I could end up feeling so helpless... I lost all desire to pull myself together and move forward... A few months ago, I heard thru the grapevine that the jerk who ruined my life is apparently doing well...he didn't get into any trouble at all for what he did and I am certain he feels no remorse for ruining me...that just put salt in my wounds and brought back all the angry feelings, but this time, because of the anger, I realized that I simply can't go on the way that I have been...It's time for me to let it go...I will probably never get the closure that I want and realizing that has made a difference...I put my resume out there and I have an interview on Monday...I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I get this job...It will be the first step in getting my life back together...

I want you to know, that I really admire you for your strength... I am so glad that you are on your way to rediscovering yourself. I hope that you get the job, I will be rooting for you...Know that you are on the right track...Being a single parent isn't easy, but it's not impossible either and it sounds like you are the perfect candidate for the job...strong, intelligent, motivated. I wish you the best and keep on moving forward!! And keep us posted, You are definitely an inspiration!

Hugs,

Irene

Thank you everyone for warm thoughts and words of encouragement. Irene your post has touched the bottom of my heart Iam very touched by your words of wisdom. Iam proud of myself and my kids have been wonderful as well. Iam learn to let go of my ex who is a addict/abuser(emotionally) and that is very hard to do seeing I spent 11 years with him but I get better and stronger everyday.

I wish you all the best in the world Lyn. I know exactly where you are coming from. I was also married for 12 years to a man that, well, let's just say, deserves to be alone. It took a long time for the wounds to heal, some, however, never do and those are the ones we grow from. I have been whole again for the last 9 years and it is indeed wonderful. Congrats on your interview. Stay strong in your convictions and remember that you are a strong woman and can do anything you put your mind to.

Lyn,

Wow! You have taken so many huge steps toward your goals. I know your children are seeing these things that you are doing to make your life better and they are learning important lessons from them. What a good role-model you are! These things you are doing aren't just making life better for you and your children now, but they will help make your children's lives better as they learn and grow.

I sincerely hope everything goes well with your Monday interview. And good luck with your school application, too. What degree are you going after?

Lyn, YOU GO GIRL! :tongue4: Everyone deserves to be happy emotionally, physically and spiritually . . . you have the strength to TAKE what you need and move forward. Good luck on Monday!!

Irene, the absolute best thing you can do for yourself is to let go and live a happy life . . . free from the ties that the offender has placed on you! You deserve to be happy and I'm glad to see that you are moving forward . . . good luck with your interview!!

It always makes me sad and mad to hear of anyone being treated unfairly or unjustly . . . but remember . . . there is strength in numbers . . . even if they are 'mini'!! :tongue4:

Lyn I am so glad things are coming together for you. It must have been and probably still is a very scary time for you. I didn't realize you were going through all this trouble. I must have missed a post somewhere.

Anyhow you and your children and in my thoughts and prayers.

Lyn I want to say Congratulations for having the Gutts to do this for you & your children! What a WONDERFUL example you are to them! I know it was hard and scarey but look at you! You are already reaping many rewards and I KNOW your kids are too. They may have felt repressed too and are now able to breath better and just be themselves!

Here is a BIG HUG to you!! I wish you much Much Success and pray all the things you hope for and strive for come true for you!!

Love & Hugs!!

Just remember, what goes around comes around. Do a good deed, get a good deed. Do bad and bad comes back. My husband's first wife drank while pregnant. Had a fetal alcohol syndrome child. Cheated on him with her cocaine dealer and caused havoc with our family. She got electrocuted and lost half an arm and half a leg and has a permanant hole in her hip. Guess I don't feel as bad as I should.

Thabnks Everyone for all of your kind words. Iam going for a 2year degree in Computerized Technologies and after I posted this I had a phone call for another interview at Wegmans on Tuesday this has never happend to me before. So we will see where exactly I end up to take a job at.

Hi Lyn! Hope your interview went well today, and I hope your interview tomarrow goes just as well...Sending wishes your way, that you get called for both and you can decide which one you like better!!!

My interview went well at Target and they gave me a start date of Saturday IF they get the results back from my drug test before then.There suppose to call and let me know for sure. The interview at Wegmans went well also so we will see what happens.

Yah, Lyn! You go girl!

Good for you. Everyone deserves happiness, especially our children. There is nothing more wonderful than a happy, loving marriage and nothing worse than an unhappy one. Your kids will thank you in the future and will be better for your taking the steps to have a good, healthy home with them. Let us know just as soon as you hear something. Good luck & Bless you!