MC

I'm fed up with the tiny miter box and the craft knife for cutting wood!  That's what happens when you are used to using the full size saw in the garage.  But that much power and size isn't safe when cutting trim and tiny pieces for furniture for my dollhouse.  My sweet husband says he'll buy me a table saw for my birthday suitable for dollhouse construction.  (He bought me the full size saw when I learned to build cabinets for my pantry.)

I've been researching small scale table saws on the Internet, and they all have their positive and negative reviews.  I haven't read anything that is swaying me one way or the other.  (Yeah, I'm a woman who can't make up her mind!)

So, what saws are you using and recommend?

I would suggest you ask your question in the General Information Forum, where more people are likely to see it.  If I'm cutting angles on trim, or lengths of trim or baseboard, etc., I use my Miter Master from Micro Mark.  If I'm just ripping small pieces for furniture parts I use my el cheapo mini table saw from Harbor freight (whatever was on sale at the time I got it).

I have the Microlux Mini Tilt Arbor table saw and the Proxon Mini Chop Miter Saw both from Micro-Mark and I love them both.  I have a bedroom all for my minis.  We had a workbench built into the closet, along with shelves and storage above and on both sides, so the saws are permanently attached to the workbench which makes it very easy and convenient to use them.  I also love my RL size table saw but that I have to go to the garage use.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sable said:

Just saw a YouTube on the Byrnes for making 45 degree cuts.  Its too complicated and cumbersome to adjust. I'm still highly recommending the Microlux with the easy to tilt blade. 

Ditto.......but over here it's called Proxxon and it's green!............The green doesn't really have much bearing on it's performance..........Still the best!......I have it's baby brother...or sister! as well.

1 minute ago, MikeUK said:

Ditto.......but over here it's called Proxxon and it's green!............The green doesn't really have much bearing on it's performance..........Still the best!......I have it's baby brother...or sister! as well.

Sometimes I have ordered the Proxxon blades when Micro Mark is out of the Microlux ones. You are correct they are exactly the same.

I just picked up a Rockwell Bladerunner, which is kind of like a jigsaw mated with a sewing machine and got turned on its head. I found it new for $100 at the local reuse store. So far, it seems pretty great for hobby work, and I like that I can do tile and metal as I need to.

I got a small bandsaw a couple of years ago, and it immediately went out of tension. So I've given up on old bandsaws, unless I find I have a compelling reason to get one.

Hmmm. I think I need to put that Byrnes disc sander in my wishlist.