Job posting

amyole

What do you guys think I should present to show my skills? i'm going to take some photos of my current dollhouse and the furniture that i've made so far... are there certain things that I should mention? 

1 hour ago, amyole said:

I am not applying for the job... just dreaming about it. BTW - Kathi - my husband's mother was born in Stonington. Small world (tee hee)

Who was your husband's mother? That is so cool! You guys need to come visit!

Thank you so much, I need it, lol. I'm trying to write up some of my art and design skills and how they would be applicable to dollhouse design... basically have to re-write my whole resume because the old one was for retail experience. eek. 

It's a part time position according to Facebook. But I don't see any job description as it is "inquire within". I wonder what "artisan" means to them? Interior finishing? Interesting. Share details if you inquire and feel like sharing. It's really cool they want to hire someone with the skills. 

In related news - has anyone noticed that HBS catalog cover lost some oomph in the last mailing? It was a blurry closeup of a resin cat. I wonder if their usual artisan was on hiatus? I haven't gotten the new catalog, but their website shows a lake house that looks like their usual nice displays. Their website looks a lot nicer than it used to. Shows more items straight off the bat instead of making us search. I'm glad they still send catalogs - I like looking at them without needing a device.

1 hour ago, pawsplus said:

Wow!  Good luck!  :-) Do you have a book you can take with photos of your work? Maybe take a piece of furniture with you, if you make furniture?

Yep! I've taken tons of photos, working on printing them now. I have a small portfolio book somewhere. 

58 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

It's a part time position according to Facebook. But I don't see any job description as it is "inquire within". I wonder what "artisan" means to them? Interior finishing? Interesting. Share details if you inquire and feel like sharing. It's really cool they want to hire someone with the skills. 

Yes, its part time. As far as I could gather from my phone conversation with the owner they have a lot of dollhouses people are wanting refurbished and they don't have enough people to do it. So lots of removing/ redoing wallpaper, flooring, trim, etc. Certainly something I can do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashlie said:

Thank you so much, I need it, lol. I'm trying to write up some of my art and design skills and how they would be applicable to dollhouse design... basically have to re-write my whole resume because the old one was for retail experience. eek. 

Retail will have lots of transferable skills though as I imagine you'll still have to deal with customers etc.

Thanks for sharing the details - a refurbishing service sounds like such a good idea! I'd totally want someone to do all the work for me.

But man oh man...I think removing and redoing would be a full time job! lol!

Good luck - keep us posted!

• Like 1