Pictures: Broken terra cotta pots

Luanne

I've been thinking about Spring lately since it was  74 degrees this week here in Texas.

I saw this  http://www.joann.com/fairy-garden-planter-container/14713564.html  on  my latest trip to Joann which inspired me to make these.

Broken Terra Cotta pots

I plan to make some for my real life house later. Now I need to figure out some plants.  Thanks for checking them out. 

• Like 2

I bought some broken terracotta pots at Hobby Lobby in clearance just to use a couple of good ones in the package, but now I see what to do with the broken ones, thanks Luanne for this great inspiration! This is one of the things that I love about minis, we can hardly trash anything because we can find a good use for about everything!

Thanks for the compliments guys! 

Carmen - I am glad you held on to the broken pieces. Step one is done.  Look up fairy gardens,  they have mini furniture in them.  I haven't used this tip I found  yet:  glue items to golf tees or long nails  and stake them into the ground.  

I have quite a few flower and leaf punches because I do greeting cards as well as miniatures. The Punch Bunch punches aren't the easiest punches to use, but they have the best selection of tiny flowers and leaves of any brand.

I don't know whether or not you've made the paper flowers before, but if you haven't, get some of that foam stuff that kids use to cut out and make shapes with, or a foam mouse pad, and an embossing tool so you can shape your flowers easily. They also sell kits for shaping, but as long as you have an embossing tool with two medium sized ends, and some kind of thin foam for shaping, you can make some beautiful flowers! (If you can't find an embossing tool, you can use a small paintbrush end or an empty ball point pen as a stylus).

Sorry if you already knew this, but hopefully it will help someone else. :-)

• Like 1

Thanks Kathi-  I am a beginner in  greeting cards making. I am proud of 3/10 I have made.   The rest  falls in the learning category and I hope the receivers truly think " it's the thought that counts."    I have made a few paper flowers. Your tip is a good reminder. ;) 

• Like 1