• ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• Glencroft left side fireplace and steps
      By Jeri Hahn
      So, I am on day two of my Glencroft build. The second floor went in with much finagling, but now I am dealing with the left side of my house. I've read about some of the problems other people have had with this side. I decided to walk away and start fresh tomorrow. So far it's been fun♡ 

Jeri
    • Construcrion advice
      By Carrie-Waltz
      Hi. everyone!
      I'm a newbie in doll house construction
      I had problems with making furniture, so my husband bought me a doweling jighttps://pickadvisor.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Woodstock-D4116-Doweling-Jig-review-300x300.jpg (don't know how to attach the image properly)
      He's sure I can use it, as it's helpful in his workshop

Has anyone any experience using it?
      If not, maybe you like the idea
    • UK newbie
      By Dawnb
      Hi
      I live in Yorkshire in the UK. I'm hoping to do some basic refurbishment on my old Lundby dollshouse (1960s vintage). After that I want to build a Cotswold thatched cottage, based on one in a series of books by Miss Read. 
      I was wondering if there were any really good basic beginner books please? 
      I love sewing and knitting and one of the things I'm really looking forward to is making miniature textiles for both houses, given the era I think my Lundby needs a crochet afgan throw! I'm hoping to make rugs (started a French knot kit), patchwork quilts, cushions etc for the cottage. 
      I am restricted energy wise as I have ME/chronic fatigue which limits things a lot, so both projects will be very slow. 
    • Hello Everyone!
      By FurMama
      Good morning, not sure I am putting this in the right place or the right way but here goes. I got addicted to minis eons ago drooling over pictures in a Miles Kimball catalog. My dad finally built me a little shadow box thinking that would cure me not! That was followed by a Pepperwood Farm. I have 4 'completed' (nothing is ever really finished is it?) and several Greenleaf kits that will be bashed one day into a village. 
    • Hi there, virgin dollhouse maker here!
      By Libby Clough
      Hi everyone,
      I have just started my very first dollhouse for my two daughters.  It is the Fairfield Dollhouse 1/2 size. I'm so excited that I want to rush in and I know I need to be more patient!  
      A question I have is that I have read people use hot guns to glue the wooden pieces together but others use Aleene's tacky glue. Which one is better? It seems I'm making a bit of a mess with the glue gun... so I'm wondering if tacky glue is smoother and easier to manage?
      Thanks for your advice!
      Libby