Thoughts on this house?

amandaj

Hi all, not sure why I am vacillating over this house

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/george-town/collectables/hand-crafted-dolls-house/1089390043

as it is cheap, but what do you think of it? Made in my home state, looks like a bargain to me - perhaps it's the colour making me falter, and I'm wondering whether it would be okay to make changes to it or keep it the same, or whether it has potential, or . . .

$_20.JPG

What do you think?

From the picture you've posted here I wasn't sure but then I clicked on the link and saw the other posts and I think it's a really cute house.  It is very cheap too.  I think you could change the colour easily but I'd be tempted to keep it as it is and add more fairy-like features.  

Was also going to add, my Dad is from Tasmania so maybe I'm drawn to it for that reason too.

It looks from the pictures as though it as designed as furniture (cabinet) rather than a dollhouse.  It would certainly make a charming dollhouse, If youre willing to put the time and work into making it over.

How interesting. It says "Named "Amelia" this dolls house was crafted by local artist Gary Clarke in the 1970's. The house is designed after Rose Cottage in Hobart. In original condition. Mr Clarke only made a few dolls houses back in 1970's."

I think I'd research more about the artist before changing the house, but of course, if you get it, it's your to change if you want to. :) 

I would definitely buy it!

I'm wavering over changing it though, since it is designed after a real house. It sure would be pretty done in stucco, but then it wouldn't be original any more.

The inside could be really cute if it was redecorated too!

• 2 weeks later...