Disassembling Hutch

JustCallMeAnna

2 hours ago, Deb said:

Have y'all ever noticed how we get as excited about demolishing something as we do about building it?  :drool:

I think it has to do with our insatiable curiosity to see how things are put together and how they work.

43 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I think it has to do with our insatiable curiosity to see how things are put together and how they work.

I think it's because we like to break things. :D 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2016, 10:33:28, havanaholly said:

$4?  Maybe that's why Michael's stopped carrying them; I'm so glad I stocked up!  I took two of them apart for my Travel trailer and used the bottoms for kitchen cabinets:

gallery_8_2728_334073.jpg

I hung one of the tops over the bed and the other one in the bathroom over the commode & lavatory:

gallery_8_2728_85551.jpg

Your travel trailer turned out alot better than mine! That was one of the first kits I ever tried, and I had trouble with it, especially the curved all. It never even got the wheels on (which is OK because it was intended to be a joke dh with a trailer trash theme)

Anna, those came out awesome!!!  You really did an exceptional job of making something exceptional from the mundane....truly lovely!  I kinda like the idea of the stained tops on them but I'm a huge fan of that "vermont table" look.  

Anna, I'd wait until you have more items in the room before deciding whether the counter tops should remain painted or be stained. You may end up painting them another color instead of staining.

Anna, in the hardware stores I have notices racks of sample Formica chips, much like the paint chips, that I have used for quite respectable counter tops (as in the Travel Trailer).  They can be scored and snapped to size, much like plexi.

Erin, I had our first RV to inspire me when I built the Travel Trailer kit.