My tutorial got published!!!!!

Creamcheese

I'm floating on cloud nine!   I got published again in Dollhouse Miniatures Magazine in their latest issue, Issue 50 March/April 2016!   If you subscribe to this wonderful publication then scroll through to pages 72 and 73 and you'll see some photos and my tutorial on how to transform a plain piece of furniture into something very special.   You'll also see a photo of me with 2 of my dogs, Eddie and Larry.   My two girls, Franny and Zoey were in the article published back in May 2014 and all my dogs are rescues.   I just had to try to do another article so that my boys could be famous too.   If you don't get the magazine but want to take a peek at the furniture I refinished you can look at my Garfield gallery for the dining room furniture that I painted in shabby chic decor!

I am so thrilled and wanted to share my good news with the forum.   This miniature world is so much fun and such a creative world.   I hope you'll enjoy looking!

Susan aka Creamcheese 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Cathy :) said:

Congratulations on bring published again, how exciting!  I wish I received that magazine so I could see it.  Maybe you can scan the article and share it here?

There are issues of copyright law that crop up when you do this.

Congratulations, Susan! 

HERE is a link to the Gallery photo.

Thanks so much for all of your comments!   I also appreciate it that KathieB added a link to my gallery for those that would like to see what I have created with my Garfield and specifically the furniture I refinished.   That makes it easy for anyone who would like to take a look.

I really love how the little dresser turned out.  Back when I subscribed it always gave me a warm, fuzzy burst of proprietary pride to see articles by our forum membrs.  I still gt a buzz knowing how much good stuff our members contribute to the hobby overall.  Congratulations, Susan.

• Like 2

It really means the world to me when I read comments from fellow forum members.   So many of you inspired me when I first became acquainted with this enchanted miniature world and helped me when I first started not that very long ago.   I'm so glad that I am able to now share some of my ideas with others whether new or experienced miniaturists.   Thank you all for your enthusiasm and encouragement.   

• Like 2

That's one of the nicest things about this hobby. Everyone is so supportive. I was pretty much out of miniatures for a while for economic reasons, but I missed being a part of it so much. I think I missed it as much for the kind of people we have here as much as for the hobby itself.

I think Greenleaf is probably one of the best companies because they gave us this forum, where we are welcome to discuss all miniatures as well as just theirs. A company like Greenleaf makes this an even better hobby!

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, kathi17 said:

That's one of the nicest things about this hobby. Everyone is so supportive. I was pretty much out of miniatures for a while for economic reasons, but I missed being a part of it so much. I think I missed it as much for the kind of people we have here as much as for the hobby itself.

I think Greenleaf is probably one of the best companies because they gave us this forum, where we are welcome to discuss all miniatures as well as just theirs. A company like Greenleaf makes this an even better hobby!

What she said! :clap: 

• Like 1

Wow!   All the comments are so wonderful and I really appreciate hearing from my fellow forum members!    The dull and boring furniture now is so cheerful and really brightens up the place.   The reupholstered chair I nearly tossed out.   I had ordered it long before I even began building my dollhouse and I had some of the furniture in tiny boxes stashed away.   When I opened the box with the chair the faux leather already appeared to be disintegrating and was torn.   When I figured out how to create an ottoman for my attic sitting room I then thought that the old chair would really look great in the same pretty floral fabric.   It wasn't really that difficult to reupholster it and now I have a very pretty and matching chair.    THANKS for your comments about my furniture creations.    It's so much fun!