Staircase Railings

rgondola

Can someone please help me out? I am working on the second floor stairs and have them glued and ready to install into the BH. When I hold the railings, there is a space between the staircase opening and the railings themselves. I think, but am not sure, that one railing piece goes in that opening. However, what about the "posts"? How do you build them, on an inside corner or outside corner? I see that there are caps that get installed later, but I just can't figure out how to create that "square" that the cap sits on. Thanks.

Hi,

I am working on the BH also.  I don't remember exactly how I did the staircase, but I know I followed Gina's instructions.  Go to moreminis.blogspot.com, look for the BH, she gives great instructions.  Hope that helps.

Jo

The posts are located on sheet 27.  Create a square post by gluing these pieces to the flat posts on the railings; 3 pieces per post.  Glue 2 pieces to both sides of the flat post and 1 piece on the front edge, kind of encasing the flat post making more of a square for the caps.  Hope this helps.