Sugarplum exterior help needed

MLI Designs

@Deb thank you so much. @wyckedwood as usual, things always evolve. Already changed what I had in the drawing but still very similar. And thank you

@Minis on the edge I went out today and purchased paperclay. The only one they had was Das. But I also got a bit carried away with my foam board work. Is it still possible to work around this? Is it too messy?

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Michelle, you could make templates out of thin card (think file folder), use white glue to glue the paper clay stonework to them, then glue the stoned templates to the house when they're dry. No muss, no fuss.

• Like 1

@kathi17 thank you so much.

ok, don't mean to be anal, but I'm going to be brave and see if I can start with cut back pieces of the Das paperclay. Is it very messy?

and a questions for all of you builders, what do you do with the eaves? Do you finish flashing? Eaves? If so, how do you finish off?

thanks girls. Wish me lick with the paperclay. So so nervous

Well, I have ti give credit to all the paperclay artist out there. This is time consuming and definitely an artform

i feel like I'm winging it. I'm just piecing together sections. Honestly I don't even know if it will look good until it's painted.

but for anyone thinking about trying this out, definitely do. I think this would be great in the very beginning stages of building.

I am using Dad paper clay

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sorry, I didn't want my post to look like a criticism so I deleted it. Glad you took it as a welcomed suggestion. I think the dark color needs to be less prominent. Little splashes of dark paint blended in rather than dabs of it.  There are others here who are masters at blending paint, maybe one of them can offer some tips.  But I just want you to know the stone work is fabulous.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...