Laser Cut ???

Boca1212

Is it against the Law to paint a Laser Cut Kit build ??? :dunno:  All internet searches yield only un-finished pictures for the most part.

Also - I'm interested to hear what others think about building Laser cuts vs Press cut - After painstakingly removing, sanding and filling the press cut stuff - it almost seems like cheating 

Thoughts?

They are meant to be painted, stained, decorated. I think since they are a newer product you don't see many pictures of finished ones.  

They do require some sanding to remove the burnt edges but it's minimal compared to the press cut kits.  

38 minutes ago, Boca1212 said:

Is it against the Law to paint a Laser Cut Kit build ??? :dunno:  All internet searches yield only un-finished pictures for the most part.

Which ones would you like to see painted coz we can show you just about anything in the GL laser cut line all painted, finished, and dressed!  LOL!!!!  Perhaps they don't show up in internet searches since most  people don't add "laser cut" to their tags, but oh my goodness, do we ever paint them up pretty!!!   There's at least half a dozen finished laser cut kits in my gallery alone.  

I don't have anything at all against die cut kits and still work with them gladly and happily but the laser cuts do make it easier for my hands since there's less sanding required.  For me, that's about the only real difference and I wouldn't call it cheating at all.  The challenge remains the same----to take pieces of wood in the shape of house parts and create a miniature home. 

At this point I don't get a new kit unless it's laser cut (because of my hands). As Deb said, it's easier because there is less sanding. I build primarily in half scale and all the kits I buy are laser cut. Check my gallery and you'll see several that I've modified and finished.

• Like 1