Greenleaf Lily instructions and schematic drawings

briteeyes65

• 2 years later...

I have called this company 3 times now and they have never returned my call.  The box says "fully illustrative instructions on the outside of the box and the the only word directions have written in them "schematic directions" .  My husband and I keep searching the internet to  only end up with nothing  Does someone somewhere know where we may be able to find them?  A past customer or even the company.  I thought about trying the "BBB" to see if they are a repeatable company!  Thanks, Merry

greenleaf lily.jpg

Greenleaf is a reputable company that sometimes gets very busy with the numbers of customers contacting them.  Keep on trying.  I would send you mine, but I haven't opened the box for mine and built it yet.  Perhaps someone who has already built theirs will send you their old instructions.  The kits contain a warm-up sheet with general information and the words "Don't panic", the schematics show diagrams of the plywood and acetate sheets and which parts are on what sheet, and the instructions go step by step to describe which parts from which sheet you will need. 

I use the warm-up sheet to insert the acetate sheet to keep it from getting scratched or damaged, and I follow the instructions sheet whilst doing the dry fit (using tape to put the house together before gluing anything.  This serves many useful functions; you can sand or shave parts to get them to fit together better, you can see generally how the house fits together and what parts will be inaccessible to normal adult hands once it's together and therefore should be decorated before gluing, and you can study the layout while the house talks to you and tells you how it wants to look.  I always wait to install the windows and doors after I have done any staining, priming, painting and wallpapering to the interior and started any exterior treatments the house wants.  I take a huge amount of time doing prep work, including masking off areas I want to glue wood to wood.  Sometimes the kit instructions are very old and tell you to use hot glue for the build.  Do NOT do this.  I use Tite Bond or Pro Bond to glue wood to wood and a clear-drying tacky glue such as Elmer's for the acetate window and door inserts.

Whilst you're waiting on the instructions sheet you might want to post us an introduction in the Newcomers' Forum.

• 6 months later...

I realize this is a old post but I'm having the same problems with not having the directions and schematics for Lily.  I can find the directions online but they aren't much help without the schematics.  I have contacted the company at least 4 times thru their website and I have called 3 times.  I can't seem to get past the general voice mail and no one is responding.  I partially built the Lily and was given a partially built San Franciscan.  I managed to find the information on the San Franciscan.  With the Lily I was only able to find 3 partial pages online.  My basement flooded and some of the sheets were damaged and I would like to know if I can get replacements on the damaged ones.  

Hi,  I am cleaning my art room this week and came across the the assembly instructions plus all of the printed material that I found on line for the "Lily."  I was just about to throw them away, when I just found your question today.  I bashed my house and added an extra upper wrap around porch with a door to replace the window and also added 1" or one foot to the top floor so I could make the bedrooms up there  If you would like me to send them to you, I will need your address!  

• Like 1

Dawn, please use the site's personal messaging to contact Merry; NEVER EVER post personal contact info.  You can message Merry by hovering your cursor over her username or avatar and the drop down box will have an envelope icon at the bottom left next to "Message".

• Like 1

Hi,  This is Merry, the one that mailed you some papers for your Lily dollhouse.  My husband normally burns our garbage in the burn barrel, but he broke his leg 6 weeks ago.  Today I decided that I had better  do it since the 2 garbage cans are full.  To my amazement, I found all of the peices of paper folded in half and at the side of the garbage can, like new.  I  was wondering if you would like those as well?  I traced them in case I wanted to use them for a pattern for cutting the paper for the walls or a pattern for the floors or carpet.  Let me know!  Your Lily buddy

• 3 months later...
On 10/14/2018, 2:41:27, merrycrafter said:

I have called this company 3 times now and they have never returned my call.  The box says "fully illustrative instructions on the outside of the box and the the only word directions have written in them "schematic directions" .  My husband and I keep searching the internet to  only end up with nothing  Does someone somewhere know where we may be able to find them?  A past customer or even the company.  I thought about trying the "BBB" to see if they are a repeatable company!  Thanks, Merry

greenleaf lily.jpg

You know what I have a Lilu kit. if you like I can open it and see if I have the schematics. Maybe I could take pictures and upload them?

• 10 months later...
21 hours ago, Riham said:

Plz  my instruction are lost can any ont help me by sending any link that I could use to finish my lily house thx in advance

See below my quoted post with link to contact information.

On 2/25/2016 at 4:32 PM, havanaholly said:

You can contact Greenleaf directly for replacement, the info is at the bottom of this page:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/about-us/greenleaf_dollhouse.html

I never had any luck trying to contact that company.  Or others that are on here for that matter.  It's a joke.  I got written instructions with separate schematics of the parts showing the house pieces, but no instruction with photos (illustrations).  I had to figure it out myself.  That was several years ago and it took me 5 months to build it.  I decided to bash it to.  I made a wrap around second floor deck and also added an inch or a foot to the attic.  The photo was taken before I got the wooden shingles put on.

46459380_330922734375632_8776921207321657344_n.jpg

Edited by merrycrafter
fix words
  • Like 1

The instructions I have (which were in the box) do not contain any photos (illustrations).  So far I have had pretty good success following the text.  Nice job on that second floor balcony.

Edited by havanaholly
  • Like 2

Good luck with that!  Everyone on here has not been able to get anyone when we call the company.  I have exactly what you have and I think that the "Lily" is the only house that did not ever have any illustrations to show how to go about putting it together.  I am so sorry!  You may have to look at others photos that they took as they were building it.  Like this one of my kitchen.

45367055_330511537750085_1688221210195787776_n.jpg

You're going to have problems contacting anyone by phone; Dean was just recently able to get his folks back to work and in addition to having to work with far fewer folks (within CDC guidelines) I expect the priority is to get more kits made.  Right now during the pandemic might not be a good time to fuss about limited customer service.  Try email or fax and patience.

21 hours ago, Pouper60 said:

Hi looking for the lily instructions and schematic drawing

Thanks

Carole Hall 

Hi Carole,

This is great blog. She photographs as she builds. It might help. Also, here are the written instructions

https://moreminis.blogspot.com/2017/09/the-lily-dollhouse-blog.html

Here are the instructions http://go.rockler.com/tech/rtd10000573aa.pdf.

Edited by Mid-life madness