Rosedale first floor problems

MrsT

I am just beginning construction of the Rosedale.  I completed the staircase sub assembly, but when I try to go on to the next step of attaching it to the first floor, the tabs don't line up.  If I put the tab into the side wall the tabs in the floor don't line up.  It seems like the staircase is too wide for the allotted space, but I think I did exactly what the instructions said.  It's like the tab is too short or the slots in the floor are not far enough  from the stair construct.  I feel like the tab into the side wall that basically supports the floor is the most important element.  I could widen the slots in the floor so that it would fit, but I'm scared to do that for fear it will throw everything else off.  I thought I had it at one point and went ahead and got the second floor on (very tricky and I can't take it off) but then the staircase came off the first floor.  I'm frustrated and unsure how to proceed.  Can anyone offer suggestions?

What scale are you building and it would help if you post pictures of what you are trying to describe. The stair assembly on the Rosedale is the first thing you do with the kit, so I understand your frustration. It sounds to me like you might have something reversed, but I can't be sure without a photo. I've built the Rosedale in half scale twice (one is still in concept, but I've taken it in and out of dry fit a few times). You can see the stair assembly in the early photos in my White Rose album

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=6149

Another thing that may really help you is Gina's construction blog. She shows step-by-step of construction of this house.

http://moreminis.blogspot.com/2009/09/rosedale-dollhouse-day-1.html#.VtB3lPA76rU

• Like 1