I'm new to the site, as well as building doll houses. I need help.

lolli28147

I'm currently working on my first build, a duracraft farmhouse fh505.  I am having some issue and could use a bit of help. I've posted about the issues I'm having in the duracraft forum. Any suggestions and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=38742#comment-624237

Welcome to the little family, Laura.  I posted a reply in the Dura-Craft subforum.  I have built two of the kits with the longframe corner posts and wall sections.  If yours is an older kit you probably had the tongue & groove siding pieces with milled-in clapboard that you had to glue together into walls?  The trick is to make sure you get them tight together (you will still need to fill the "seams" with spackle/ drywall mud/ joint compound and sand them smooth when completely dry) and then to get them to dry perfectly flat.  I had saved several of my textbooks from nursing school and they were excellent flat weights to set on the walls to flatten them.

4 hours ago, Minis On The Edge said:

Welcome to the neighborhood Laura! I had this kit and it was such a Beautiful farmhouse!  Can't wait to see how yours turn out! 

Thanks for the welcome. I'm thinking I want my farmhouse to be a little rundown. If I can make my pieces work, I think it's gonna turn out pretty good....hopefully.....lol. I plan to post pictures when I make a little more progress.