Cutting a Rabbet

jaxenro

This is a slick way to cut a rabbet.  (I think it would be far less bloody and make for much happier bunnies if you were to cut rabbets instead of rabbits. :D )

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jaxenro said:

Spelling was never my strong point. Rabbet, rabbit, rabid? All the same isn't it?

Do rodents get rabies?  Rabbets re wood, bunnies are not, but they are rodents.  I see a potential existential discussion in the offing, so let's off it.

To keep our family rating, we'll let the rabbits go (especially so close to Easter when they have such a lot to do) and go back to rabbets.  :)  Joel, your tutorial is excellent!  Ever since my brain got scrambled I've had a real problem with visualizing anything to do with spacial relationships so I'd never have been able to comprehend what you were talking about without seeing it.  This is an awesome way of making rabbets!   You may have mentioned this in another thread and I didn't see it, but where did you find the cool tool?