This House...

le.doll.house

It looks like a RGT townhouse. Top floor modified? A discontinued model? Maybe the roof line was altered so it would fit into the RL house?  I have several sets of purchased plans for barbie size houses.

Someone will probably know!

• Like 1

If you look up the San Francisco Victorian by Superlative Doll Houses, I believe that is exactly what this is. Just missing its' front spindles and balcony over the door. I believe another member just re-did one of these into a ballet studio not too long ago. If you search the gallery for that it should come up for you. It is "discontinued" as the company no longer exists, but I have been seeing them come up a bit more than normal over the last 6 months or so...

• Like 1

Yes it is the San Franciscan Townhouse by Superlative Dollhouses from about 1980.  I'm the one who did the ballet studio rehab: 

http://rockawayrosedollhouse.blogspot.com/2015/12/rehabbed-san-franscisco-townhouse.html

and if you check my postings I recently heard from the daughter of the designer.  It's a great house.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On Fri Mar 11 2016 22:22:20 GMT-0800, RockawayRose said:

Yes it is the San Franciscan Townhouse by Superlative Dollhouses from about 1980.  I'm the one who did the ballet studio rehab: 

http://rockawayrosedollhouse.blogspot.com/2015/12/rehabbed-san-franscisco-townhouse.html

and if you check my postings I recently heard from the daughter of the designer.  It's a great house.

I feel in love with the house but after reading your posts about the house and finding nothing online about it I gave up getting one.

But this today... something almost as good popped up. (See below) I'm going tomorrow to get it. I'm excited. I still have hopes of finding one like yours but am happy with this one too... 

00F0F_ju1CsyPqKm7_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

Rosie, that looks to be by the same company with those front spindles! Have to say I'm liking the look of this one you're getting just as much, and can't wait to see what you do with it!

Many congratulations on your turn of good fortune!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minikelli said:

Rosie, that looks to be by the same company with those front spindles! Have to say I'm liking the look of this one you're getting just as much, and can't wait to see what you do with it!

Many congratulations on your turn of good fortune!

Thank you... I believe it is too. I am not crazy about that little window down at the bottom... I would of liked maybe more bay windows but I'm excited to have found it... and can't wait to get it... it also comes with 53 pieces of furniture! I recognize some of the furniture and I think it's much smaller than 1/12 so I probably won't use most of it... but who doesn't love a box full of miniatures ☺ I am so excited I can't sleep.

Do you have any pictures of the side? I'm thinking if you wanted another bay window if you keep an eye out on Ebay or Etsy there are some awesome bay window kits by Carlson Miniatures which you could add to the dollhouse depending on the height of the house and where the bay above is. I bought one to add to the side of the McKinley I'm doing for my niece. May be an option to really make the house into what you want it to be...

Maybe put a pretty French door downstairs in place of that window? A lot of San Francisco row houses have a separate entrance leading to a downstairs apartment in that area. (Or a garage door, but it's not wide enough for that.)