celticjewel

Hi ya'll, I am Stephanie and am buying my 1st dollhouse.  I am so excited.  I live in beautiful Alabama.  I lived in Germany for 3 yrs. and have visited many other European countries.  Italy is my favorite.  Wonderful friendly people and scenery to die for, not to mention all the ancient places to visit.  Guess I can finally have my dream house, just in miniature. I look forward to being apart of this site to learn and get ideas from more experienced people.  The galleries are unbelievable , has my mind in a whirl.  The Sea hag is a work of art.  I look forward to looking at all of your projects. Glad to find such a helpful site for a newbie.  Stephanie

Hi Stephanie, and welcome! Its so nice to see another person from Alabama. I live in the very Northwest corner of the state in Killen, part of what's known as the Shoals. I joined the forum a little over a year ago and have built only two small houses. I wish real life would slow down so I can get started on another. My goal is to do that within the next couple of months. In the meantime I am mentally planning and putting aside a few materials and accessories as I find them. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

P.S. I absolutely love this forum and the friends I have made all across the globe. I've never seen anything like the camaraderie among miniaturists.

I just received my house yesterday.   It is the Beacon Hill.  Guess I am starting with a big challenge!   But  I got it for way under $200, so I couldn't resist such a good deal for such a beautiful house.  My husband and I are going to build it together.  I also got a library furniture kit, it is sanded and ready to paint.  Thought putting some furniture together 1st would give us a feel for things.  Thank you, for all the lovely replies, makes me feel very welcome.   Stephanie

You have enough posts for an album Stephanie, so you will be able to share your build with us!

Congratulations on the Beacon Hill. That's a wonderful house. You and your husband will have a great time putting it together! Which library kit did you get?