IKEA dollhouse - new

smjsome

In ikea in Dallas today they had a display for a new dollhouse, called Flisat, it's 29.99.  There is nothing on the website, but I did find a pic online.  It appears closer to 1:12, and their dollhouse furniture is too big, the bottom link has a picture of it with some 1:12 furniture in it.

i think it would be a great display house, in a hallway, or somewhere, rotating some cool furniture.  I saw on another blog someone in Finland has one and is already bashing it.

Model number.  502.907.85

IKEA_FLISAT_dockhusvhylla.jpghttp://hannasroom.com/riazzoli/2016/03/01/ikea-flisat/

I recall a photo of an old dollhouse that was used to store toilet paper in either a bath or laundry room. Can't recall if it was sitting on something or wall mounted. I suppose this one could be used anywhere that a small shelving unit would be useful.

What scale is it?

I bet you could fill it with IKEA-type furniture (I've seen some that people have made that are IKEA inspired)! Then it could be a fun marketing thing for the company. Of course, ANYTHING to do with miniatures is fun...

I like the plainess of it, and I think I'd probably just use it to display my "special" pieces - rotate them.  I do that already here and there, mixed in with regular items like on book shelves. Maybe repaint the chimney a fun color, like mint.

go with the modern look.  I live in a house built in 1894, and we mix in modern and old pieces, so I think it would work.  I just have to get one!y

there was the currently sold Ikea toys in it, and they were too big.  Online I saw pics with 1:12 furniture and it looked apropriateappropriate

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got my little dollhouse shelf - I had to cut a door into the kitchen, and for the stairway into the upper floor.  And build a stair, which was fun.  I put it into our guest room as a display shelf, and I love the idea of being able to switch items in and out as they come in, temporarily, till the find permanent homes.