MikeUK aka ElvisHasLeftTheBuilding

KathieB

5 hours ago, KathieB said:

Yes, but Mike would have to do it. Deb is saying that she cannot delete messages from Mike's message box.

Actually I was hoping that I could increase the capacity of his mailbox by expanding the size (I'd never delete anyone else's messages) but the size limits are set in stone.  

Mike, dear heart, you don't have to reply to me, your post has brightened my day  Please don't remove your pictures like that, though!  You are as much a member of THIS family as of your own "blood relatives", you know.  When you're feeling too crappy to post you can think of us who miss you enjoying your wonderful builds.  I am hoping you beat this nasty thing!

• Like 1

I'm so glad to hear from you Mike. No need to answer my message, you don't need all that pressure of answering PMs. Just relax and read them for more healing power, without worrying about answering them all!

I'm still sending healing thoughts and prayers your way.

Mike - I'm just now hearing of your health and I'm sorry to hear that. Please take care of yourself, take the time you need. Do drop in here and say hi when you're up to it. I just showed my DH your pics a few weeks ago because I was so in awe of your work. Being a guy, he loved the workshop theme!

3 hours ago, ElvisHasLeftTheBuilding said:

Can't a guy get any rest around here?.......I change my name, I change the colour of my hair.....that didn't take long!.....and still I get no rest!

What to say! I don't deserve a fraction of this but thank you all. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.......I'm actually lost for words. Most of you...all of you have also sent messages and I've read them or most at least whilst on my drip thing today.........What to say!

I will answer each one, probably not tonight but soon and I shall copy and print each one as a reminder (should one be needed) of what a wonderful group of people you all are!

Yesterday I felt like packing up! 5 years winning and yesterday I lost it! I lost it because I took my eye off the ball.......Today I sat in a room with five other people, all doing the same thing and I listened to one man telling another how grateful he felt for the care he had received during his time on 'end of life care'.....He's got just a few weeks left and he looked to be in his early 40,s! What an amazing attitude and all I'm doing is feeling sorry for myself!

Thanks

xx

Hey, buddy guy!  You became a member of this group, and I, for one, delighted in your incredible talent that you shared, the encouragement you gave, your great advice, as well as the inspiration.  And, of course, your incredible wit, which I don't think I was the only one who looked forward to reading, especially with the Bond house! You became a part of our "little" lives.  There are a lot of folks out here that truly care about you.  Me included.  You've been in our thoughts and prayers.  We are there with you, and for you, as you have been there for us.  We're your cyber Angels, and hey, positive energy can be powerful!

3 hours ago, ElvisHasLeftTheBuilding said:

Can't a guy get any rest around here?.......I change my name, I change the colour of my hair.....that didn't take long!.....and still I get no rest!

What to say! I don't deserve a fraction of this but thank you all. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.......I'm actually lost for words. Most of you...all of you have also sent messages and I've read them or most at least whilst on my drip thing today.........What to say!

I will answer each one, probably not tonight but soon and I shall copy and print each one as a reminder (should one be needed) of what a wonderful group of people you all are!

Yesterday I felt like packing up! 5 years winning and yesterday I lost it! I lost it because I took my eye off the ball.......Today I sat in a room with five other people, all doing the same thing and I listened to one man telling another how grateful he felt for the care he had received during his time on 'end of life care'.....He's got just a few weeks left and he looked to be in his early 40,s! What an amazing attitude and all I'm doing is feeling sorry for myself!

Thanks

xx

Hey, buddy guy!  You became a member of this group, and I, for one, delighted in your incredible talent that you shared, the encouragement you gave, your great advice, as well as the inspiration.  And, of course, your incredible wit, which I don't think I was the only one who looked forward to reading, especially with the Bond house! You became a part of our "little" lives.  There are a lot of folks out here that truly care about you.  Me included.  You've been in our thoughts and prayers.  We are there with you, and for you, as you have been there for us.  We're your cyber Angels, and hey, positive energy can be powerful!

Nope, Mike, you don't get no rest here. We have spoken. Them's the rules.

Seriously, if you need to take some time off from the forum and the minis, that's fine. We'd rather have you here bright-eyed and bushy-tailed part of the time than not feeling well most of the time, although we'll take what we can get - we love you that much.

I remember when my dog was getting a drip and he had to stay quiet on the table. So one day the vets and staff were trying out a bunch of yogurts a customer had brought in and since none of them liked the peanut butter yogurt, they fed it to my dog. He was the only one who would eat it. Course, that's not saying much, The only things he didn't eat were lemons and sunflower seeds. He saw a vacuum once and it scared him to death because he'd never seen anything suck up food faster than he could.

• Like 1

Mike, I'm pretty sure to speak for the majority here when I say: don't stress yourself over us. Knowing you're here is enough for now. If you want to reply to our messages - do so, if you're not feeling it - don't. No matter what though, know that we are here and we are not going anywhere.

• Like 3

I've been kind of down and out health wise also so I did not see this post until today.   My sincere prayers are with Mike each and everyday.   It makes my problems seem small.

Bless him.

hey Mike,

So sorry to read about your illness. I hope in despite of that you will keep your sense of humor. Hang in there! Hope you will defeat this monster.

You are in my thoughts, hoping you will feel a lot better soon.

I've not posted here in quite a while but I do look in on my Greenleaf "family" often.  I just want to add my support to your current battle.  Few of us have met each other on this forum but I know way much more about many of you than my blood relations and we always look out for our own on here.  Best wishes to you.

6 hours ago, ElvisHasLeftTheBuilding said:

Now all I need to do is change this ridiculous name but for some reason I have to wait for another 22 days!

That will teach you for changing your name, It seems to me that a few months ago, the same thing happened! From now on, don't make yourself disappear!!!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, kathi17 said:

That will teach you for changing your name, It seems to me that a few months ago, the same thing happened! From now on, don't make yourself disappear!!!

What she said!

7 hours ago, ElvisHasLeftTheBuilding said:

Now all I need to do is change this ridiculous name but for some reason I have to wait for another 22 days!

Aw, what the heck - keeps us on our toes keeping track of you in your various disguises. :batman: 

• Like 2