Do you have a favorite white paint?

stickyfingers

Just as in real interiors, there's a LOT of choices for white. If you go too white, you may be painting many coats to get good coverage, and I think bright whites look a little harsh in the mini world. Too creamy and it looks dirty. If I'm painting trim white, I like to paint it all the same, room to room, so a weird white can clash with other colors.  

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has found a good white that you really love.

I use Warm White in most of my houses. But it is on the beige side. My next house will be centered around Carrara marble, slate, various grays and a to be determined white. So I am interested in the other options, also. Good question.

The While Rose is a bright white...it's Americana Titanium White and I like it a lot and use it in my own mixes. I've also used the Liquitex version. But the color I really like is Americana Light Buttermilk which is a creamy off white (see Tudor Cottage) a lot like an Heirloom White.

On 3/15/2016, 8:11:42, Sable said:

Is there a white that complements gray? Almost sounds like the titanium white would do.

I agree. Mostly I use bright white but Pratt and Lambert makes a white that is just a bit creamy that I like on Victorians. It seems to go nicely with those bright Victorian wallpapers. http://www.bradbury.com/

10 minutes ago, vbharrington said:

I personally like the "Snow (Titanium) White" from Americana, but I plan on using "Buttermilk" for the trim on the DC Farmhouse.  

I used the Americana Buttermilk for Maus Haus. It has a creamy yellow tone.

• Like 1

I've used a lot of a color called Parchment on my houses don't remember if its delta or Americana brand. I don't usually use just one color though, usually mix with a little of something either darker or lighter, depending. 

8 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

I use interior house paint. The bright white base, with no color added. Normally just one coat for sealing wood, then paint what ever color I need over the base coat

I do the same! 

• Like 1