Interior wall "too tall" after removing it?

vbharrington

I have the DC farmhouse stripped of the wallpaper and carpet.  I've tried to put the interior walls back in place, and now the lower level divider is "too tall"  When I put it in place, the entire left side of the house raises off the foundation (because that came unglued as well)  What has happened?  Could it be that it was like that to begin with, and over the years the glue gave way?  I've never seen anything like this before.

I thought the same thing Kathi, and I did try it the other way, but there is a notch cut out where the wall meets with the ceiling trim.  My husband asked if perhaps the wood could have gotten damp and warped, but I don't think that is it.  I am working on it in our garage, but I've never had problems with anything else warping out there.  I measured, and the wall appears to be about 3/16 too tall.  I may just try to sand it down to the right height. 

• Like 1

I hope you get it straightened out. There are instructions for the farmhouse on the internet that might help you:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id=3225

and I googled and found this page of links:

https://www.google.com/search?q=duracraft+farmhouse+instructions&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjhgrqGvMXLAhWLbz4KHTqHBAcQsAQIKw&biw=1680&bih=895

I hope there is something there that will help!

• Like 1

I was hoping they would help answer your reassembly questions. You really are lucky the whole thing came apart, it will be so much easier to rehab, and once you start getting things the way you want them, and get start getting the house back together, I think you will start getting really excited about it!

• Like 1