Need help figuring out what glue

MLI Designs

Writing is at bottom of pics. Sorry for confusion. Having a heck of a time with picslarge.image.jpeg.e805b5dd8e6d4e6bfd9af11large.image.jpeg.ac74130a2499da8d4f30d58large.image.jpeg.49451cd3c2dc446231cd468My girlfriend has this really cool shabby chic light fixture. I knew I wanted to make it in miniature form. Obviously I can't replicate it exactly but trying for the look

i can't figure out how to secure the arms to the main wood body. What kind of glue would be good for this? I spent so much time making this I don't want to mess it up

you can see her chandelier and where I am at (I still have to rust paint the arms

• Like 1

I would either solder it to whatever you use for the crown thingy - or try to drill and use epoxy. You could probably also attach the crown thingy - fill it with epoxy and glue the arms in

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MLI Designs said:

@Soapz is that the glue you mix together?

Yeah, that's the stuff, but the five minute epoxy at the hardware store, the kind that is in two injectors isn't too hard to use. Just squirt a little bit onto something disposable, and stir it with toothpicks, and apply it with them.

If you don't do the crown thingy, then drill little holes for the wire before you try to glue them on.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kathi17 said:

Yeah, that's the stuff, but the five minute epoxy at the hardware store, the kind that is in two injectors isn't too hard to use. Just squirt a little bit onto something disposable, and stir it with toothpicks, and apply it with them.

If you don't do the crown thingy, then drill little holes for the wire before you try to glue them on.

I second the small squirts. Don't  make the mistake I did by mixing it all up at once and having it all harden before I could use it all. Lesson learned.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sable said:

I second the small squirts. Don't  make the mistake I did by mixing it all up at once and having it all harden before I could use it all. Lesson learned.

I used to do resin crafts back in the 60's and 70's, so I know how fast that stuff can go off!!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MLI Designs said:

Thanks girls. Gonna go get some today. 

Now my problem is I think this Chandy will too large for my sugarplum. BOOOO!

• Oh no, how terrible! Now you'll have to go through the horror of making another house that it will fit in :rofl:
  • It looks great!
  • I am somehow making bullet point marks in my post...please don't ask how as I have no clue.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MLI Designs said:

...The sugarplum has such low,ceilings it's hard to have almost any kind of hanging 

light.i love making light fixtures. Just have to bash my next houses to accommodate some cool lighting

I always thought the Sugarplum was more in scale for candles & lanterns.  That chandelier would look fabulous in a Pierce or a Beacon Hill or a Beaumont.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MLI Designs said:

Thanks girls. Gonna go get some today. 

Now my problem is I think this Chandy will too large for my sugarplum. BOOOO!

No chandelier is ever too large, its just very grand, LOL!!

• Like 3