Do your minis get misplaced?

Luanne

As I was organizing my room, I found 3 items that I have been looking for: some greens to make plants, an unfinished wooden plank country swing and an unfinished 1:144 Primrose similar to this one I gave to my niece https://www.flickr.com/photos/54971771@N04/albums/72157626422312640.

I have been looking for these three for months. Yee haw! 

Have you been reunited with any minis that you have been looking for? 

• Like 1

Yesterday I found two tiny brass weights that have been missing for years. They are part of an antique Czech weight scale that has been in the family forever. What they were doing in a box of miniature stuff, I'll never know. So not only do my minis go missing, they take real life objects with them.

• Like 1

Yes, and I haven't find any of them yet! Part of the problem is that I have a room I work in up where my mother and I have our shop in the summer. I also have a very spoiled brother who comes up for two weeks every year. He decided he wanted to use that room for a summer "cottage" while he was here, and convinced my mother that since he only has two weeks, he should be able to have that room while he is here. (he was one of those kids who always cried crocodile tears and got his own way. He also has always dumped my mother whenever he didn't get his own way, and she is really scared of losing him).

The building is like a big barn, and I set that room up with shelves and tables and things, and had it all organized for my hobbies. The rest of the building is where my mother has her things, except for a tiny area I use for my shop, and a counter behind it with my finished houses.

Technically, I own the property, but she has a life lease. Anyway, to keep the peace with my mother, I have to move all my stuff out of there for two weeks a year, and it seems like something always goes missing. The two things I am missing the most right now are my easy cutter, and two boxes of beautiful fabrics and lace I have collected over the years.

• Like 1

Short answer, yes! Drives me crazy when I know I have something and can't find it. Finally found a wall hanging planter I needed for current project. After a month of searching I almost broke down and bought a new one, glad I didn't :) 

• Like 1

Yes but I like to think "The Little's" that are in my house take them because they really really need them. Also someday when i find their house I bet it will be amazing!!!

I am still at a loss for the sock theif though on laundry day....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jennybee said:

Yes but I like to think "The Little's" that are in my house take them because they really really need them. Also someday when i find their house I bet it will be amazing!!!

I am still at a loss for the sock theif though on laundry day....

That reminds me of when we had ferrets. If something was missing, we always knew where to look! (They had a little nest way back in a corner in the closet).

Yes, besides misplacing things, the wiring problems I had (I am now going battery lights)...my daughter-in-law says it's the little elves that want to move into my dollhouse and they don't want certain things.  Well maybe they can have another house, but not this one!  It's just not elflike.

• Like 1

I've been at this hobby for quite a few years..not sure why it took me so long to get one of these storage units, but I finally bought one at HL and its awesome! The top part fits lots of little seperate cases, just all around one of the handiest things I've bought storage wise. The only problem is, I could easily fill another 3 cases just like it. Not too bad with a %40 off coupon. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Like KathieB I tend to misplace fullsized items.  I took the small container of the remaining cookies I'd made during the week before on our trip to the state park last weekend, but once there I couldn't find them, nor on a search of the RV as I was packing up the stuff to bring back in the house when we got home.  I found it today when I went out to bring in the jackets we'd taken, that I'd asked DH to bring in whilst  I was shuttling groceries last week.  They're in well-burped Tupperware, so should be OK.

Muttering..... "I KNOW I had some door knobs..."  rummages through multiple organizer drawers.... 

15 minutes later on computer typing in new HBS order: 3 sets of door knobs.  ;)

**guaranteed to find those door knobs 2 days after I've attached the new ones!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jbnmini said:

Muttering..... "I KNOW I had some door knobs..."  rummages through multiple organizer drawers.... 

15 minutes later on computer typing in new HBS order: 3 sets of door knobs.  ;)

**guaranteed to find those door knobs 2 days after I've attached the new ones!

Or less. Objects here have been known to show up only minutes after an order is placed. :hmm: 

• Like 1

I spent days and days (really about an hour) the other day looking for led light switchs, and finally just gave up.  Today, looking for something else in the same light box, there they were.  

I'd come up with a new plan, you see, and started on it.

• Like 1

I do.  At least have someone to blame.  All I have to do is go hunt down Tessie or have a look in her houses and stores.  I find what I am looking for.  Usually, Tessie is standing in front of, or is holding what I am looking for behind her back.  And she always swears that she didn't take whatever it is or has no idea how it got there. Works every time.  

• Like 1

I often find boxes of minis I put away "in a safe place" and then promptly forgot. Then years later (seriously) I find a treasure trove of wonderful "lost" minis ! Is it early miniaturist alzheimers?

i have tried to organize by picking up beading organizers on sale --great little boxes for the smaller things. So now I have well organized "lost" minis.

Yup, in the same boat. When you work on a house for years, and you go every year to the Chicago shows, and purchase goodies for it, you tend to forget that you have it stashed away in one of your organizers...and then you end up buying one more of what you thought you had but couldn't find. I swear I bought a wall mount gun rack for the mans study...couldn't find it. I purchased one more...in this case I never found the original. But pottery, china, pictures...they just call out to me during these shows.

4 hours ago, aggiemae said:

Just today I was looking for my passport and I found three Victorian radiators in the drawer with the old bank and tax statements. The passport is still missing.

So true!  Maybe the passport is where the radiators should have been, lol.  I look all over for items while I am working and they are always right under my nose!

We are leaving for Israel in less than 3 weeks so that passport better reappear!

I found my mini power tools (micro mark made for Sears) i will put them on the trading post next week since I already posted something this week.