jbnmini

ok, I have amassed quite the collection of wallpaper and currently have it stored in one of those long under-the-bed type organizer bins.  It worked wonderfully at first, but now I find digging thru the pile every time I am looking for paper is annoying!  Is there a better system that I am just not aware of?  Show me your wallpaper organization!  :)

I don't have enough wallpaper to need any kind of organization right now, but it occurs to me that you could roll up the wallpaper (wrap in a strip of paper and tape one end of the paper strip to the paper strip to hold it together so as not to damage the wallpaper) and use toilet paper or paper towel tubes glued together upright to make holders for the rolls of wallpaper. If you put a piece of wood under each row of tubes to make risers/stair steps, you'd be able to see the colors and part of the pattern at a glance. I'd corral the toilet paper/paper towel tubes in a box of sufficient size. Hot clue would make this a quick project.

I got some of those art portfolio things that had plastic pages big enough to hold whole sheets of paper. If you need more than one, each portfolio could hold a specific type of paper.

They have zippers around the outside edges, and keep the paper neat and clean, and protect it while you are turning the pages to find the paper you want.

• Like 3

I use a lot of scrap-booking paper so I just have an extra storage box for it. It fits a lot of paper, and I keep it separated with clips. My 1/2 scale paper is stored the same way. I don't like to roll up my paper because I had a bad experience with getting it to "unroll" and stick to the wall. I store it in plastic bags on top of my 6 ft bookcase.

I keep my wallpaper scraps in large clear plastic sealable bags that lay flat.   You could snip a very small piece of your wallpaper and tape it to the top so you could easily see what type of wallpaper you have in each bag, sort of like file folders with a tab at the top.   Then you could organize your stash of papers by color perhaps which should make it easier for you to find what you are searching for.  And by placing your flat bags in some sort of art portfolio binder that is upright rather than in a big box it may be easier to find.  To be honest I don't have that many scraps but if you do this suggestion it may help you out.   Good luck!!!!!

thanks for all the input!  :)  I will def have to do the 'sort by color' thing...but looks like I may have to get creative at the whole storage issue.  My main issue is that I have to have something that closes in order to keep out my four-footed house inspector.  Mr. Max has a thing about eating plastic.  :/   So I'm off to the work room to see what I can come up with!