Paper Patterns

vbharrington

Does anyone else attach floor covering, wallpaper, etc to poster or illustration board before installing it in the house?  I've done it with my flooring, but this is the first time I've tried the walls and ceilings.  I'm trying to decide what is best to attach the walls and ceiling papers with.  I've thought about double sided tape, or possibly rubber cement.  Any thoughts?

It depends how permanent you want it?  I usually do use poster board or thick card stock, I just like it that way,

and  I personally just glue mine one, with wood glue, maybe not the best way, but it works for me.  My real home has plaster walls, and I like the smoothness, doing it this way seems to replicate it for me.

But my friend, she uses tape wire, so wants them movable, she uses a really strong double sided tape.  She tells me she has to retape them occasionally.

• Like 1

Normally, I just wallpaper paste it directly to the wall, wire tape and all.  I gently shove the paper on the wall and mark it with my fingernail. Then cut it to size. The templates just seem like there are too many added steps. My next house will have plastered walls and my intention is to place the tape wire and connections behind the baseboards and trim. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Contrary Housewife said:

I usually just measure and glue with Tacky glue. Some walls that had weird corners and odd lines I made a paper template first so I could get the shape right before cutting my good paper. 

I usually do this, too.