Greenleaf Gazette Newsletter Archive

Deb

It's been a long time coming, but I finally have a comprehensive archive of the Greenleaf Gazette newsletter put together.  It's nothing fancy, but sometimes a clean, streamlined version works best.  Clicking on the links will take you to the original Gazette.  The links for full issues and individual articles all work but there is one little glich.  After the gallery upgrade, we lost the hyperlinks to the pictures inside the articles.  The pictures are still there for you to see in the article---but clicking on them defaults to the main gallery page, not the larger image.  If you have a touch screen you can enlarge the pics within the article but unfortunately, that's the best solution I can offer.  At this point I'm just happy to have a listing of every issue/article that's easy to navigate.  There are some awesome tutorials from lots of our most talented members and those are truly a treasure.  

I should mention that this archive is on my own website but I'll pin this thread so it'll be easy to find until I can transfer it over directly to the forum.  Be patient with me as that might take a little time since my goal is to upload all the tutorials to the forum (I still have all those pictures on my hard drive) and that's going to be a lengthy process.   In the meantime, you can feel safe on my site since there are no ads, no spyware, and nothing that flashes or shouts at you.  My website may be the safest place on the web so you can go there with no worries.  :)

Here's the link:  http://www.debsminis.com/greenleaf_gazette_newsletter_archive.htm    

• Like 9

Y'all are welcome but I'm sorry that it's taken so long just to do something as simple as this.  When I look at the mess I'd made of it before I had to scratch my head and wonder just what I was thinking to make it so over-complicated and incomplete.  But that was when I was in the middle of the strokes so there are a lot of things I did on my website that didn't make much sense.  LOL!!  The main thing is that there's a list where you can look for a specific article or issue easily.  There is SO much valuable information there.....things like the issue on wiring a dollhouse.  That's got everything from round wire to hybrid wiring to tape wiring all in one place and even includes a glossary of terms to make it easier to understand.    Oh, and one of the reasons I suggested using the links for the issues is that Holly's Tips and Tricks features are there for the first year or two and that information is pure gold. 

4 hours ago, Dalesq said:

This is fun. I went down the rabbit hole looking at old tutorials and articles. :) 

<grinning>  That happened to me too.  Once I got started it was just delightful to discover tutorials that I'd forgotten about.  I made notes to myself about building Chris' telescope and was talking to Jo today about how Dr. Robertson saw her outhouse tut and now he wants to do it with a steampunk flair!  Then there's Anna's wizard walking staff and at least two things by Brae that I want to try.  Looking thru these tutorials definitely lengthened my wanna-do list considerably!  The other cool thing about looking at all the issues at once is how it made me realize just how incredibly diverse and talented our forum members are.  There's everything from making mini accessories to major building tips.  Casey did a tile tutorial that looks divine and there are tuts for creating shingle designs on mansard roofs and Tracy's tuts for making flowers and.....and.........<pausing to take a breath> ....just SO very much.  It made me feel even more thankful to be a part of this community.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Deb, is there any reason this can't be posted to the forum tutorial topic:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=1015?

Done!  I also added a separate link for the dollhouse wiring issue to make that easier to find.  I'm going to pin this one too.  

• Like 2

Oh wow, I actually forgot I made that tut, neat to rediscover it so to speak ;) much apprecieras to have all the goodies so neatly accessible, thank you!

hugs

• 3 years later...