What kind of glue should I use for tiny tiny bay window brackets

Ris

I am building a Beacon Hill dollhouse.  I have tried to stop using hot glue ever since it was pointed out to me that hot glue won't keep as well in my dollhouse long term.  I've been using mostly wood glue, which has worked well.  Now I'm doing step Y - exterior trim.  I used wood glue last night to attach the very small, single thickness bay window brackets.  However, I just took the tape off and they snap right off with any pressure at all.  It doesn't seem like wood glue did the trick this time.  How do I get these little guys to stay put?

Thanks!!

I used the tacky glue.  You are right about the small surface, they are delicate.  Even when they are securely glued, gotta watch they don't get hit too hard.  Bluebear was roght about the sanding, they don't sit perfectly flush, so the more contact made, the better.

See what Tracy said.  I can't think of any glue offhand that will stick bare wood to a painted surface all that well (E6000, maybe),  I use an awful lot of masking/ painters' tape when I prime & paint to keep areas I need to glue things to bare wood for gluing things to later.

• Like 1