Whatcha gettin' for April Fools?

Deb

I'm thinking about the 1/144 Fairfield kit. I just recently bought the 1/144 Philomena and the one that looks like the lace house, think they call it the gothic mansion. I haven't started those yet, I mean, why should they be any different than the big dollhouses that aren't getting worked on right now, right? LOL. No, school almost over and things will slow down and I have told myself this will be a full summer of dollhouse! Anyway, I am a little torn on getting this because I think we may drive to Chicago for the show and I will need all my money then. 

Well, I've gone all through Craig's List, eBay, HBS, Greenleaf, and RGT, and I haven't seen a house I'd either want and when I see what I want, I can't afford it. Then on eBay I saw a decorated Hofco house. Maybe I'll keep my big house after all and save some money.

16 hours ago, Roxxie2 said:

Which house is that?   The Beacon Hill??? Inquiring minds need to know!

no, I'd have to bash a willowcrest to get that type of house...you'd have to add an entire section to get the wrap about balcony on the other side of the house..it's a lot of work but at least with the willowcrest I'd be halfway there (knowing me I'd just build the willowcrest and leave the rest alone.ive gotten really lazy lately)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

I purchased the Vineyard Cottage

I have had that kit in my closet now for a while.......forgot all about it!    I traded it for something else.   I am not sure I really care for the lay out but if you could put in a second whole floor it might be better.  At least that was my thought on how to do it.      Years ago Martha's Vineyard was my annual summer trip around the 4th of July.   Anyway, have fun with it. 

58 minutes ago, Summersethomes said:

I'd have to bash a willowcrest

I just looked at the Willowcrest.  I don't think that I have ever even noticed that house before but its a really cool Victorian style.  Thanks for pointing it out!

44 minutes ago, Roxxie2 said:

I have had that kit in my closet now for a while.......forgot all about it!    I traded it for something else.   I am not sure I really care for the lay out but if you could put in a second whole floor it might be better.  At least that was my thought on how to do it.      Years ago Martha's Vineyard was my annual summer trip around the 4th of July.   Anyway, have fun with it. 

My plan is to make the 2nd floor go all the way across.  I have a spiral staircase I bought last year off eBay for $20 (bargain!) that I thought I would use in it.  I like the small size of it, as currently I don't have room for the larger houses to be built.

• Like 2

hmmmmm.......(scanning through the catalog pages...)   well maybe I will check my wish list..*click, click, clickety click*...hmmmm......

Gee whiz!  I can't decide!! :dunno:    (well maybe because the 'rational me' is seriously beating down on the "dollhouse me"!  LOL)

44 minutes ago, Sable said:

Look at the one Robin Carey made for the owner of Greenleaf

Her work is always outstanding!   Beautiful!

44 minutes ago, madtex1967 said:

My plan is to make the 2nd floor go all the way across.  I have a spiral staircase I bought last year off eBay for $20 (bargain!) that I thought I would use in it.  I like the small size of it, as currently I don't have room for the larger houses to be built.

My idea also but not sure how I would carry it out.    I completely forgot that I had the Vineyard in the closet!     I hear you.......I have no place to put my builds any more and every time someone asks me if I sell my houses I say NO!   Maybe I should start thinking about it!    I just can't part with the stuff inside the houses is the problem!!! 

OK.  I was feeling all envious of the full-scale people, because there was so much you all could choose from, and they have so little half scale, most of which just isn't for me.  And then it dawned on me--I'm building the Fairfield, and that super-expensive upgrade kit is now 40% off!  So I bought it.  :-)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

OK.  I was feeling all envious of the full-scale people, because there was so much you all could choose from, and they have so little half scale, most of which just isn't for me.  And then it dawned on me--I'm building the Fairfield, and that super-expensive upgrade kit is now 40% off!  So I bought it.  :-)

Hmmm, this IS a good idea! :) 

• Like 1

I was smart/good, focused in on the trim kit and got some wallpaper. Really wanted to buy myself another kit -- but again, living in temporary housing with no idea how long the job will last -- I let my rational self lead the shopping today. lol

I guess I'm not getting anything. Given everything I want, I think it would make better sense for me to wait until they have 15% off the total sale. Besides, I need windows for the sunroom of the big house, a focuser for my telescope, and I really need to save money.

There's a garage sale tomorrow morning in Orting and the person says they have vintage dollhouse kits (says the woman who just posted about saving money). That sounds promising so if I can get my fanny up, I may take a drive out there.

Sorry, Ernie, maybe next year. *blows a kiss*

I splurged on my first 1:144 kit! http://www.miniatures.com/1144-Scale-Victorian-Dollhouse-Kit-P26151.aspx

My dollhouse needs a dollhouse (of course), and I love how this one resembles my 1:12 house.  

And then, because I'm in Canada and I pay $25 shipping every time i buy from HBS, I also grabbed a few things off my wishlist to fill out the order, so things got pretty financially irresponsible pretty fast :ermm:

I ended up with nothing!!! those grans were dropped on my door riht after school and I forgot all about the sale til Sunday morning and it was over ...dang it!

hubby told me...its like ya say if ya was ment to have it you would have remembered!! easy for him to say...double dang!!:groan::cry:

I've been selling dollhouses in anticipation of our South Florida move in a few months, so no big purchases for me...but I did buy this cute as a button red retro kitchen for my Key West dollhouse build I am working on:

http://www.miniatures.com/Red-1950s-4-Pc-Kitchen-Appliance-Set-P22948.aspx