First Build - Princess Anne - Am I Crazy?

Pivot

The first dollhouse I was ever in on was the first house DH & I built for our eldest granddaughter using EJ Tangerman's book, Build Your Own Inexpensive Dollhouse.  The diagram for the second floor had been flipped, and when we got the house assembled we had the identical problem. Saying many *magic* (very bad) words along the way we took the house apart and flipped the floor so it went the 'right' way.  Many years later I still occasionally have to take builds apart and reassemble them to correct things like flipped parts; it's part of the process.

• Like 1

Thanks, Holly. That makes me feel better that I am not the only one to continue to make boo-boos. I was so proud of myself for getting the house together without too many issues and then this happened. 

I've spent so much time here lurking looking at all of this community's pretty dollhouses that it is pretty humbling to be having so many problems with mine.

I've decided to cover up the stair hole in the 2nd floor with flooring and only have stairs from the 3rd floor to the 2nd. It's a little weird but I think it works for now. That way my niece gets to play with one set of stairs for now and it gives her one big room without stairs for her to have her doll tea party.. I can always pull apart the dollhouse later to fix it as she gets older if she wants. 

(Psst, Amy, the "pretty pictures" are the end result...)  We are human, therefore we re fallible; this gives us permission to make mistakes.  If we learn from our mistakes, they become opportunities to increase our skills.  It certainly teaches us not to beat ourselves over the head with them.