Beachside versus Classic Bungalow

Okay, quick confession: I don't build. I'm not "mechanically inclined" and my hands shake too much from my meds. Instead, I support the builders and artisans and I'm excited to hear and see what you are all doing! 

I just purchased the Bungalow from Hobby Lobby. Somehow, they had two display models that were completed and painted. I convinced a manager to sell me one of them at a reduced price and used the 40% coupon too. I'm intending to repaint the exterior, but for now it is at least painted! 

• 6 months later...
On Wed Apr 13 2016 16:11:20 GMT-0500, havanaholly said:

There's a miniature store in B'ham?  Where?!??  Hey, Sue!  Mary, you'd be amazed at some of the places you can find miniature ingredients.  I have found House of Miniature furniture kits in thrift stores (once I found a partly built Sweetheart Cottage kit in a thrift store that I rehabbed & donated to Toys for Tots, and an Orchid that was beginning to fall apart that is in my workshop awaiting rehab (along with  few other hot-glue-built pretties) and a Laurel that was literally falling apart that I also rehabbed and sent to Toys for Tots.  I had to bash the stew out of that one because the doors and windows were hot glued on and destroyed in the removal, and the porch was never on.

Did you ever find out if there is a mini store in Bham? I'm over that way about every 2 weeks. If you did find out, I'd be more than willing to pick up a needed item and put in in the mail for you. I'm pretty familiar with the area and I have not ever seen or heard of it. There are several classic toy/hobby stores but none that I have been to carried an extensive collection of miniatures. Mostly model car, airplane, and train supplies. Realize this is an old post but still curious. Thanks! 

8 hours ago, Littlebirdieb said:

Did you ever find out if there is a mini store in Bham? I'm over that way about every 2 weeks. If you did find out, I'd be more than willing to pick up a needed item and put in in the mail for you. I'm pretty familiar with the area and I have not ever seen or heard of it. There are several classic toy/hobby stores but none that I have been to carried an extensive collection of miniatures. Mostly model car, airplane, and train supplies. Realize this is an old post but still curious. Thanks! 

If you read over the first page of this topic you'll see I never got a reply.  Perhaps the next time you're in B'ham you could check the phone book?  Or the Visitor's Center...

On Wed Apr 13 2016 16:11:20 GMT-0500, havanaholly said:

There's a miniature store in B'ham?  Where?!??  Hey, Sue!  Mary, you'd be amazed at some of the places you can find miniature ingredients.  I have found House of Miniature furniture kits in thrift stores (once I found a partly built Sweetheart Cottage kit in a thrift store that I rehabbed & donated to Toys for Tots, and an Orchid that was beginning to fall apart that is in my workshop awaiting rehab (along with  few other hot-glue-built pretties) and a Laurel that was literally falling apart that I also rehabbed and sent to Toys for Tots.  I had to bash the stew out of that one because the doors and windows were hot glued on and destroyed in the removal, and the porch was never on.

5 hours ago, havanaholly said:

If you read over the first page of this topic you'll see I never got a reply.  Perhaps the next time you're in B'ham you could check the phone book?  Or the Visitor's Center...

I noticed she never replied but thought you may have done some investigative work on your own. I will take that on as a search mission and keep you posted. Are there any stores down south? I'm guessing Havana is your city. My father in law used to show horses in Havana a very long time ago. When I was younger he tried to convince me it was Havana Cuba. Ha! 

58 minutes ago, Littlebirdieb said:

...Are there any stores down south? I'm guessing Havana is your city. My father in law used to show horses in Havana a very long time ago. When I was younger he tried to convince me it was Havana Cuba. Ha! 

We moved here to Seminole from Havana, FL, but when I offered to change my username the rest of the members thought not.  Many years before moving here there was a dollhouse store south of Foley, on SR59, that has been long gone.  Ron's in Orlando will be closing when he & Richard retire soon.  I don't know if Nancy's in Naples, FL, is still going.  I haven't found any in AL, but when we travel we're usually camping and either hiking or paddling.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...