Not new but it's been something like 4 years since I was here

And so it goes. I was here once before, building a Linwood. I ran into problems with some very split and ruined pieces of the build that were absolutely necessary. Then life jumped into my face. The house went into hibernation and almost all mini building went with it. It's still there, hibernating for a while longer. In the meantime, I've built a roombox and a coffee shop that lives at my sister's house but is sadly mostly unfurnished.

I see familiar names here and it gives me a thrill to know you are still here, still building.  As an introduction, Hi. I'm Da and currently life in Milwaukee.  As a child, I would build dollhouses out of cardboard boxes, using pieces from wallpaper sample books to decorate walls and floors. Eventually, I moved on to actual 1/12 scale houses and furniture. 

The bug returned, the need to build something for myself. In my closet, I have a travel trailer kit. I also saw that there was a sale on April 2 that was just what I needed to push me into buying a roombox kit that is the same general size as the trailer. I intend to somehow bash them together into a two story place. I only have general ideas on what this wants to be but I would like to make the bottom floor into a large crafting area since I have a treadle sewing machine (which matches the real sized one in my dining room) and a spinning wheel pencil sharpener (which doesn't match my spinning wheel at all!) I priced mini looms but wow, perhaps I will be making any other fiber tools needed. 

I just wanted to say hi. I missed making minis so I'm back. 

• Like 1

Welcome back, Kynne! The thing about the mini virus is that once the bug bites, it develops into a chronic condition. I'm glad you came back to us during your relapse. :)

A loom shouldn't be too hard to make except for the reed since its body is mainly straight pieces of wood. You've triggered my muse, who is now thinking about making a fiber arts studio to go with the quilt and pottery shops. I feel a craft village in the making if I live long enough!

<Note to self: take some photos during next visit to the Quarter Stitch>

Welcome back Kynne, I was gone for longer than you because of real life stuff, but it's really easy to get back into miniatures again!

For your Linfield, go here:

http://www.manchesterwoodworks.com/categories/dura-craft-compatible-parts

He makes a bunch of replacement parts for the Duracraft kits. I've ordered from him several times, and his stuff is great!

28 minutes ago, kathi17 said:

Welcome back Kynne, I was gone for longer than you because of real life stuff, but it's really easy to get back into miniatures again!

For your Linfield, go here:

http://www.manchesterwoodworks.com/categories/dura-craft-compatible-parts

He makes a bunch of replacement parts for the Duracraft kits. I've ordered from him several times, and his stuff is great!

You are my new favorite person. Now I wish the house shell was here rather than in Kansas but I have the box with all the ruined, oddly shaped mouldings here and now I can actually start dreaming about this again. Perhaps you have an idea of how much you  just made my day. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KathieB said:

Welcome back, Kynne! The thing about the mini virus is that once the bug bites, it develops into a chronic condition. I'm glad you came back to us during your relapse. :)

A loom shouldn't be too hard to make except for the reed since its body is mainly straight pieces of wood. You've triggered my muse, who is now thinking about making a fiber arts studio to go with the quilt and pottery shops. I feel a craft village in the making if I live long enough!

<Note to self: take some photos during next visit to the Quarter Stitch>

Yes, the mini bug is definitely a chronic condition. I was 4 the first time I saw anything in small scale but it was so memorable and so massive that I can still remember bits and pieces of it. http://www.madurodam.nl/en/ 

I'm thinking that I'll start with building a navajo loom. That one should be pretty easy. Then I'll move on to the slightly more tricky floor loom. 

I just would really like to build the fiber studio that I can't have. :)

1 hour ago, mybrainhurts said:

You are my new favorite person. Now I wish the house shell was here rather than in Kansas but I have the box with all the ruined, oddly shaped mouldings here and now I can actually start dreaming about this again. Perhaps you have an idea of how much you  just made my day. 

I am so glad it helped! I was so happy when I found him because I needed to order parts for both my Linfield, and for my second San Franciscan.

I seem to remember that he was pretty fast, and the parts were perfect. I would have had a real problem if I'd had to improvise all those parts, so I understand how you feel!