Chicago Show Right Around the Corner! You Going?

Hey everyone. My family and I are driving up to the Chicago show! I am so excited I can't stand it. It's been a long time since I've been so excited about something - like since my last child was born 2 years ago, lol! This is the first show I will ever attend. I've printed the dealer list and the table map and I'm highlighting those I must see and making notes. I've discovered so many artisans I never even knew about - granted I am kind of new to this hobby. My 10 year old is helping me research the dealers, we are having the most fun.  I'm so excited I feel a little nervous!

We got a room there at the hotel where the show is so my husband can take care of my little one and I will be free to shop and not have to worry! 

Are you going? Have you ever been to the Chicago show? What was something special you bought? Do things sell out fast? If you see it and you think it's probably destined to be yours, had you better buy it right then and there? 

We need to try some Chicago deep dish pizza! Any recommendations?

Hi Briana, I am planning to go on Saturday with my daughter, and this is also going to be my first show ever. I am like you, printing the dealers and marking the ones I want to visit (I don't think I will have time to see all of them). You are so lucky that your husband is willing to go with you and watch your baby! Kudos for him! I will let the experts tell you the best way to shop, but my got tell me that if you see it, love and can afford it, GRAB IT before it's gone. I also have my list "impossible" to fulfill, but I will give it my best shot.

I live one hour far from downtown Chicago, and I have been there several times as a tourist. For the deep dish pizzas one of the best places is Gino's East, and they are located very closed to the Marriott Hotel that will host the show. Giordano's in downtown has the best stuffed pizzas ever! Chinatown is also very good if you all like chinese food. Hope you have an awesome time!:)

• Like 2

I am SO excited!

I have my wish list and (never enough)  $$ ready to go.

Last year I was in the brainstorming stage of my newest project- still unsure but made a few purchases. This year  I have a real plan and a list - a LONG list! Thankfully, I have a very supportive husband :). 

Woohoo it's finally here!

• Like 1

Carmen, I thought it was fun to read on the Bishop website there is a tab at the bottom that says, "Shopping Time," and it says if you were to visit evert single exhibitor, you could only spend 3.8 minutes at each table if you spent the entire time shopping at the show that the doors were open including the preview. That's crazy! I think we are smart to make a plan! Shopping Time Yes, the afford it part has got me very curious how much these pieces of artwork go for! Because that's what they are, true pieces of artwork (I make sure my husband realizes that). I am familiar with Ken Byers, he's probably the only current furniture artisan I have bought from so far. 

Also, thank you for the pizza rec! I have never been to Chicago. But I've been singing Chicago, Chicago, the town that I love! I think we'll aim for Gino's since it's close. My kids are very excited about this part of our trip:eatyum: and my husband just told me a guy here in our town in Oklahoma said Gino's was the best place - sounds like a winner.

Gina, I'm curious to see how supportive my husband is going to be on the monetary front! Ha. Discussions have been had. then re-had with slightly higher amounts. If I can keep that up for a few days......... I've got a Victorian style house and a house that's going to be federal so I'm thinking about what I really want to prioritize for both. 

Greg, what is the name of your business? I heard there will be a shuttle to the 3 Blind Mice show, is that correct? I took a look at the list and it looks like it's going to be a great show too - we are so fortunate to have all these choices! We are going to try our best to make it.

1 hour ago, Gonzo said:

Be sure to stop and see me at the 3 Blind Mice Show. I am always excited to meet forum members!

Gonzo, are you going to be at the NAME Convention in Seattle in July?

3 hours ago, CheckMouse said:

Gonzo, are you going to be at the NAME Convention in Seattle in July?

Sorry...I am not going to Seattle. Unfortunately it is cost prohibitive.

• Like 1

Briana, the good thing is that not buying everything that we would like on the first visit is the best excuse to come back another year! jijij:D

Greg business is JBM and All About Miniatures, he will be in the 3er room according to the 3BM website. Here you can see all the info and mark your dealers as well

http://3blindmiceshow.com/chicago_spring/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trinh said:

I met Gonzo! Holy, wallpaper! :D I was in heaven today!

I am sooo jealous.  Not only did you get to meet Gonzo - but wallpaper heaven also.  I so needed  and wished I coud be there but just to far away.  Maybe one of these years....

I'm just checking in, my feet are tired! Tabby, wow, that dragon table is so unusual in a fabulous way! I spent all day walking the Chicago International show. Met Frank Crescente and talked to him for a good bit....and ordered a chandelier! He such a nice man! Really met many nice people. I also enjoyed visiting with Jeannie Lindquist (botanical flower kits - her degree is in botany!).  I've got my mental list of what I need to get tomorrow morning before we head out. I'm hoping we get packed up and going in time to to go to the blind mice show. We have a loooong drive back.