Texas Miniature Showcase (Dallas) April 29-30... Going?

So now I have show fever. I knew there was a show sometime in Texas and I googled Texas miniature show and found this:

Texas Miniature Showcase

I think we're going to drive down and go. That's not very far for us, certainly not compared to our Chicago drive! Here's the dealer list, looks like some great artisans with be there. Tiny Heart (clay veggies, fruit, flowers) will be there and I just bought from her in Chicago as well as Paula Gilhooley (paper flower kits and arrangements). I see some other names I recognize too. Looks pretty good to me. 

• Like 1

Briana - if your north of Dallas, my friend told me about a minis group miniature garage sale this weekend.  In okc.  It's not advertised well, I don't know anything about it, except it's at a church and she's been before, and had lots of luck

http://www.wesleyokc.org/calendar/  I finally found something on the calendar for the church

I've never been, I know nothing about it - I was thinking of checking it out of I was in okc this weekend, but I won't be.  It's hit or miss, of course

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smjsome said:

Briana - if your north of Dallas, my friend told me about a minis group miniature garage sale this weekend.  In okc.  It's not advertised well, I don't know anything about it, except it's at a church and she's been before, and had lots of luck

http://www.wesleyokc.org/calendar/  I finally found something on the calendar for the church

I've never been, I know nothing about it - I was thinking of checking it out of I was in okc this weekend, but I won't be.  It's hit or miss, of course

Oh my! Yes, I am in OKC! I had no idea about this. I didn't think there was probably a miniature group in OKC. Don't know why, I just didn't! Thank you so much for telling me about it and checking the calendar! I think I'll just hop down there and check it out.

Like I said, I've never been, I was just going to check it out -

that being said - have you been to apple tree antiques in Bethany - there is a booth dedicated to dollhouse stuff there?  And I remember seeing a flier about a group that meets 

And not far from it is the Rink, another antique place, the owner is a dollhouser, go in and look up, he stores his dollhouse projects  up above the booths.  They are NOT for sale ....

my daughter lives in Moore and I visit several times a year - let me know about your experiences - I so hope all this helps you out!

• Like 1

Sharon, small world! I have been to that store in Bethany a few times. I bought the cutest vintage small ceramic pink house there - kind of like a house figurine for the dollhouse. Got a half tester bed there too, haven't seen another like it although I know it wasn't artisan made.

And, you just solved a mystery for me! I was just trying to get my husband to help me remember the name or the location of the Rink - I couldn't remember but had a general idea of location, could not remember the name! It's been a long time since I was there but I remember it being a good store. I have been wanting to go back. 

It's great to meet you here on the forums!

Sharon, I went to the garage sale today. It was certainly worth a trip. I got a book on polymer clay flowers for 5.00. I got two what looks to be glass vases, very delicate, for 1.00 each, a delicate pitcher handmade and painted for 2.00, some Val Tretter  (says Tretters) brass vases for $1 or $2 a piece. There was a very pretty antique set of scones, mirror, chandelier (not wired) for 125.00 I would've liked to had but since we're going to go to the Texas show, I needed to save my bigger money. Met a very nice man there who makes dollhouses for people. There were stacks of magazines and books. One lady had bagged goods to fill an entire table - good and not so good mixed together, for 20.00. Several of those House of Miniatues Kits. It was fun. One lady said they choose a project and work on a piece of it each meeting but I'm sure you could take your own things to work on during the meeting if you didn't care for the project. 

Then I went to the Apple Tree. Was tempted there but didn't buy anything but some little trees and some hankies. I saw a tutorial online where she made curtains out of vintage hankies and they were the prettiest! Went to the Rink but I didn't have much time before closing so I walked through quickly. I asked if they had any dollhouse stuff and she said she didn't think so. I found some plastic Petite Princess or something like that but not any wooden stuff or stuff I was after. I saw all the dollhouses of the owner and thought it was interesting they were all painted solid white ---- or maybe they're all just primered until the owner can paint them.

That's what I think, they are sprayed white - sometimes there are different houses down lower, but not always.  I do wonder where he works on them.

super glad you went, and found great things!  I hope you are going to their meetings, I will "know" someone.  And just think, it's an annual sale at the church, right in your area!

• 2 weeks later...