What animated movies would you recommend?

Luanne

Howdy from The Lone Star State, 

I just watched Big Hero 6  for the 2nd time tonight. It came out 2014 but I completely missed it.

A+ in my book. 

We have Netflix, Amazon Prime and Starz.

What animated movies have you seen lately or  perhaps you would watch again? 

I still enjoy watching "The Dark Crystal", although that's more of a puppet movie than animated pictures...  I also enjoyed movies that combine animation & live action ("Who Framed Roger Rabbit" & "Space Jam" come to mind...).

I forgot to add "the Leggo movie"  it is awesome ...much better than Frozen IMHO and I have to add Cars 1, 2, and Planes (plus Planes fire and rescue) I didn't care too much for Turbo or inside out but I do like all the Tinkerbell Movies (there are a ton of those and they're so cute)

I don't know if  ''Brave'' is mentioned here but I love it and it makes me laugh over and over. One of my top picks There is a castle, wonderful Irish accents, funny funny characters including clansmen [ very much guys being guys ] and the mischieveous younger triplet brothers who never say a word but are absolutely hilarious with their scheming to highjack the cooks baked goods. The main story is about the daughter wanting to make her own choices, based on who she is. Oh gosh now I have to go watch it again!

I am going old school: Snow White, for the sheer beauty of the hand done animation, or Bambi for the same reason. Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid for the ground breaking beginning of computer assisted animation.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm old school, too, so have to go with the original Fantasia - the combination of stunning animation with such rich classical music has no rival in my humble opinion.  Bambi is quite wonderful, too, but a real heartbreaker, and how about Dumbo?  The Jungle Book really swings and has fabulous voices....I'm envious of your chance to see these classics for the first time - lucky you!

Edited by Mary K