Green Kitchen set

minilover62

It's a specific set that Hobby Lobby used to carry. I have it in my Vermont Jr kitchen. They stopped carrying it a while back, along with the cream one they used to have. I've been looking for the cream set for 2 years at least.

Thank you guys, then, confirmed it is a Mayberry Street set. I already googled like you say Holly and no returns. I will keep looking, maybe one will show up before the 2 years that Sarah has been waiting. If I can't find it faster I will give it a try at this beautiful set, can you believe is made out of cardboard? Amazing!

http://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.com/search/label/How to make kitchen cabinets from mat board.?updated-max=2012-02-17T16:12:00-06:00&max-results=20&start=1&by-date=false

I will keep my eye on the MS set but I will try Kris set for sure, I will also try a kitchen dresser that she has posted. I am buying a mat board cutter since I don't have one yet. I want one that can handle a knife cut without getting ruined. Any suggestions? I am also getting the mat boards and the gesso primer, among other stuff, I can't wait to see if I am able to produce this cuties! :D

48 minutes ago, minilover62 said:

I am buying a mat board cutter since I don't have one yet. I want one that can handle a knife cut without getting ruined. Any suggestions? 

The secret to any clean cutting is to use new, very sharp blades, whether it be in a utility knife, eXacto knife, or whatever. The nanosecond that the blade begins to dull, the product begins to tear instead of slicing cleanly.

Believe what Kathie said!  My knife of choice is a Stanley box cutter utility knife with a retractable blade; there are two sides to a blade and they are cheap and easy-peasy to  replace as needed.

• Like 1

It's been discontinued for a while, but you can find pieces every now and then on eBay. That set also came with a hutch, a fridge, and an upper cabinet and maybe even an island, although I could be wrong about that last.. It was done in cream as well as green and I have even seen a blue piece here and there. I don't know if that was painted by the owner, but as I've seen them on eBay, maybe not.

Pat has the set in her Gothic dollhouse:

gothic_pantry.jpg.afa6edc6689d116f0eec2c

• Like 2

I don't usually buy ready made furniture, because I love building my own, but if they still offered that set, I definitely would buy it. That's one of the prettiest kitchen sets I've seen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, minilover62 said:

This is beautiful. I already bought the stuff to start the mat board ones, while a miracle with this set happens. jijiji

This set will come available the very moment you finish your mat board items -- but you knew that, right? :D 

• Like 3

It is a great set, I agree, but I do like the mat board kitchen just as well. I love the half round column trim on the mat board cabinets. I think they are both great choices and maybe once you have put the time and love into your mat board cabinets you won't be pining for the HL set? :)

Kathie, I hope that it is as you say, because your know what Briana, I am afraid that I will want to have both, even I'd like to have it also in different colors! you all now how it is, this is "the never ending story"!jejejej

After I bought the materials today, I came home and instead of starting my new project, I went online TO LOOK FOR THE GREEN SET! :blush:

• Like 1

Holly, I will see when I finish mine and see how it looks on my hands, sometimes online pictures are deceiving, I will try to be posting every step of my work (can't promise 100%, I am bad at posting while I work, I am not good at multitasking I am afraid!).

This person made it and it looks very good what she did http://mollysueminiatures.blogspot.ca/2012/07/my-new-new-kitchen.html

Take your time with it and don't show the failures.  As Molly Sue has shown, you can sometimes improve on Kris! and seeing your work I'm sure yours will be a lot nicer that the Mayberry Street.

8 hours ago, minilover62 said:

Holly, I will see when I finish mine and see how it looks on my hands, sometimes online pictures are deceiving, I will try to be posting every step of my work (can't promise 100%, I am bad at posting while I work, I am not good at multitasking I am afraid!).

This person made it and it looks very good what she did http://mollysueminiatures.blogspot.ca/2012/07/my-new-new-kitchen.html

I agree, her cabinets are really nice!

well ladies, I started. What is giving me more problems is to cut the pieces and make sure they have the measurements that the instructions call for, specially the little pieces. Anyways, I am on part 3, with the front and sides assembled, and the front doors ready to paint. I will post pictures a little later. Bean stubborn as I am, this morning I decided that I will make the Mayberry Street set this way, along with Kris's cabinet:shifty:. I looked at the pictures and I think they are going to be easier to make because they are pretty much square. I measure everything, following a little Kris measurements, and I have the front layouts for the sink cabinet, the stove cabinet and the dresser cabinet. I will post the pictures also later today in case that somebody wants to do them. So far, so good!:D

• Like 1