Green Kitchen set

minilover62

Well thanks to you guys, I went to ebay looking for this green kitchen set on behalf of Carmen and I ended up getting a vintage Strombecker mint-green wooden kitchen set for $10 - stove, sink, table and chairs -  that I am hoping will fit into my Pierce's tiny kitchen that gives me no end of trouble due to its crowded nature and that bay window that is too small for much of anything.   I'll chalk it up to the dolls having done their kitchen in the 1940s. Strombecker tends to be smaller by just a bit and I tend to allow scale-toggling in a house as long as it is consistent by room. Mostly.

But Carmen - I want to see your pictures!!

Jenn, I am glad you found this set for your pierce, that was a great find. My pieces are not too good, I worked yesterday a bit more on them, and took a couple of pictures of them, also, I finished the dresser and here is the result. I am not eager to make the stove cabinet. Will see. Thanks for trying to help me find the kit. I received an offer for a couple of pieces, but I would like to find the complete set.:)

P1000728.JPG

P1000729.JPG

P1000730.JPG

P1000731.JPG

P1000732.JPG

P1000733.JPG

• Like 1

HANG ON - THESE ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!! I love the bevel on the sink countertop...I love the color and I think they look AMAZING - these are cardstock? Did you find it hard to do them? I think they are marvelous...have you done custom things before? I am afraid to try, but if my vintage kitchen set doesn't fit the Pierce, then I'll have to try a custom set of my own making to try to fit something in there. 

I think these are great!

• Like 1

Thanks Jenn. No, these are not cardstock, they are mat boards which are thicker than cardstock. Precisely the thickness is what makes it a bit more difficult to work with, because of all the cuttings. On the other hand, the mat board's thickness will allow you to do things, like the bevel look that you liked, because you will be able to sand the pieces without destroy them. I have done some other customs things before, but nothing like this. Don't be afraid and try anything that you feel will make you happy, it usually will!

About your Pierce, have you visited Gina's website? she has measurements of lots of houses, room by room, so you could have an idea of what you can have in your kitchen. I have the feeling that you will be able to use a nice regular 1" scale kitchen set. The vintage set that you have is closer to 1/2 scale, and will probably look too small in your kitchen. If you have another dollhouse already built, you can place your pieces anywhere and see how do they look in there.

http://moreminis.blogspot.com/2007/01/dollhouse-measurements.html#A13

Look at all the stuff that Sumaiya has in her Pierce kitchenhttp://smehreen-dollhouse.blogspot.com/2007/07/collectors-dream.html

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2016‎ ‎4‎:‎57‎:‎03‎, aggiemae said:

I make farm sinks with fimo. I use a pasta machine to flatten it into sheets and shape it around a small jewelry box. I made a nice modern free standing bath tub the same way using a oval margerine tub.  

I never thought of using a margarine tub for a free standing tub, Im going to have try that.  and Carmen your pieces are great, I like Kris's tutorials they make my imagination run wild :)