Windows-help

netosha

Hello everyone! 

I am in the process of painting my sanfransician and I think it is going well (I will attach a photo for your pleasure!). Anyway now I am moving towards the Windows and I am worried about painting them. I won't be able to get to the whole thing without taking it apart. Should I leave the Windows and doors wood? How hard is it to take apart? I'm afraid of ruining it. I could use your advice! 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I actually like them the way they are. I definitely would NOT take them apart. You would be in for a lot of trouble if you do. Trust me! :-)

If you do decide to paint them, use masking tape instead!

Your house looks beautiful!

• Like 1

I should add that the windows won't come out without removing the trim around them, and that is what supports the whole bay sections. The doors also will be difficult to remove because of the way they are installed.

• Like 1

I won't take it apart. I knew it would be tough. I also do not think I'll paint them either. I have a third color to use for the accents so I think I'll do the scrolls and some accents with the third color and leave some trims and Windows wood. I think it matches well as is. I am pleased with how it is coming along!

I'm glad you asked before you made yourself very unhappy! :-)

I like the wood trim too, it gives your San Fran a very unique and beautiful look, and the wood color goes very nicely with the rest of your choices.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, netosha said:

I am so afraid to do anything because I don't want to make a mistake! I'm glad I asked you guys! 

Those of us who have built the San Fran, know how difficult it is to build those bays. Even though yours are already cut to size, it would still be a royal pain to get them installed right. Those bays were way more difficult than anything else I have built in a dollhouse!

You mentioned another color for your house. Have you thought about only adding accents in the cream and blue you are already working with, and counting the wood as your third color? I really like the colors you are already using, and wonder if it would be too much if you add a third color. (Of course everyone's taste is different, but it looks so elegant now, I'm wondering if you shouldn't just use the cream and maybe a few of the blue touches if you need them).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kathi17 said:

You mentioned another color for your house. Have you thought about only adding accents in the cream and blue you are already working with, and counting the wood as your third color? I really like the colors you are already using, and wonder if it would be too much if you add a third color. (Of course everyone's taste is different, but it looks so elegant now, I'm wondering if you shouldn't just use the cream and maybe a few of the blue touches if you need them).

I had already painted it on the side. I'll attach a photo. It's close to the cream. It's almost a tan. I can continue with the other scrolls and leave it at that, maybe. 

image.jpeg

Edited by netosha

13 minutes ago, kathi17 said:

That looks fine Netosha, I was afraid it would be a bright color or something, and your house looks so classy, I was afraid it would ruin it! This color is perfect!

Agreed! The cream works so well with the natural wood color of the windows -- the perfect choice for this stately, elegant edifice. :) 

• Like 2