New member from Ottawa Canada

Luci

Hello all, I am retired and new to dollhouse building but I've wanted to do this for about 40 years. As are all of you, I'm facinated by miniatures and think I'm going to really love making some. I'm currently working on RGT Country Victorian and have almost finished the outside. 

I have an awesome husband who not only helps me when I need him but who has a bunch of small-scaled tools from past hobbies that he's kindly donated to my workshop. Just this morning he brought out a pile of beautiful veneers and cut a bunch of strips for making my hardwood floors. I testing them out now but I think they will be fantastic! For sale cheap - 1000 Popsicle sticks. 

I'm looking forward to sharing ideas with all of you (ok, in my case it's more like poaching your ideas at this point).

• Like 3

Hi, Luci, and welcome!  How exciting that your husband likes to help you.  I think my hubby would rather mow the lawn than be caught anywhere near my workshop.  

I've heard about using veneers for flooring but I've never tried it.  I might be poaching from you!  I'm eager to see your house.  

Welcome to the group Luci, it's great that your husband is so helpful!

I love using veneer for my floors. There are so many beautiful woods available in veneer, that you can get any look you like!