Hi there!

Peekalou

Hi all!  I'm Kim from Vaughan Ontario.  I just found this forum while searching for a solution to a dry dollhouse kit I was lucky enough to have been given for free by a kind Kijiji stranger.  It is an Annabelle kit, and I am very much looking forward to digging in and learning whatever tips and tricks that I can from you all!

I have always loved miniatures and all kinds of little wee things.   For the past few years I have maintained a little fairy garden at our trailer spot.  Each year it has gotten so much attention from children and adults alike and been a really great ice breaker.  I've had advice and even donations from gardeners on what varieties of plants would be tiny enough for scale and yet hardy enough to tolerate the seasons, conversations with kids about whether fairies actually live there (of course!) and conversations with dog walkers about how it's not nice to let dogs near it, ha!  But anyway, dreaming up new little features and building them has been a lot of fun.  Somehow though, this spring the planning and thinking led me to thinking about my old childhood dollhouse.  I figured it was time I brought it out of storage.  My grandad built it for me when I was just a wee kid and I remember spending many happy hours playing with it. I always thought I would give it to my kids, but when the time came I was too worried they'd wreck it, so it had stayed in storage for way too long.   Now that it's out, oh my goodness, it hooked me big time!  I have built a new living room set, repapered all the rooms, refinished floors, made beadboard and chair rails for the kitchen...it's so much fun to be able to redecorate a whole home for so little money!  So I was looking on Kijiji to see if anyone was looking to part with any dollhouse bits and bobs (I'm after a bathroom suite, as well as perhaps a kitchen sink and stove) but nothing came up.  Just plastic fisher price stuff, and then...the Annabelle!  Someone had the complete unbuilt kit, and listed it as "free to good home".  Soooo ... here I am, hoping to both give it and make it a really good home! :)

Sorry for the rambling, but pleased to 'meet' you!

Welcome to the forum Kim, I would love to see the fairy garden too!

I can't wait until you get five posts so you can start an album so we can see both the house you renovated, and watch you build your Annabelle. Do you know the name or brand of the house you've had since childhood?

Hi, Kim, and welcome!  I agree with Jo and Kathi - I would love to see your fairy garden.  I wish I could create one, but there would be no garden, just poor gardenless fairies as I have a black thumb and kill every plant I come close to.  

I look forward to seeing your progress on your houses.

Welcome to the little family, Kim.  Is your Annabelle the same one as the Greenleaf Pierce?  (As far as I can tell, only the foundation treatment is different between the two kits)

Welcome Kim. You are going to love these forums. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, plus the inspiration is limitless. Go check out the members galleries.

and yes, please post pics of your fairy garden. I've considered that many times.