Sturbridge Miniatures Festival

• 1 month later...

I wish I could have, but there wasn't enough money, especially since we would have had to miss a days work.

I was born and raised in Sturbridge, and my father was the electrician for the Host after he retired. (Before that, he had an electrical business, and while he wanted to retire, he didn't want to retire completely, so the Host was perfect for him). Anyway, my husband and I used to go down and help he and my mother wire some of the shows. I loved doing the miniature show!!!

What was disappointing about the show? I haven't been able to get there in years, but I hope it's not going the way the needlework and ceramics shows there did. Those used to be wonderful, but they got smaller and smaller until they fizzled out. :-(

It seemed smaller to me and some of my favorites were not there.  In years past there have been so many people you can't get near the tables.  So it was nice to be able to talk to vendors and not get pushed around.  I was just wondering if anyone else felt the show lacked or if it was me not feeling inspired.  

• Like 1

It's a problem, lack of attendance results in less vendors for the next year.  It's becoming more difficult to get vendors to show up at our show in March. When we have the same vendors year after year, people lose interest.