When did your mini houses migrate out of your hobby room?

Luanne

Happy Sunday, 

After almost 10 years in this hobby,  my minis might have to migrate out of the hobby room into other parts of the house next week. 

So far I have kept all of my houses in my room but I need space to put a small real size hammock in there to chill out. 

My craft room is no longer pretty the way it was before. So this weekend I have been repainting my table, shelves all white.  It is a lot of work, but I realized I have hauled a lot of things into that room.  

I think The Westville can be displayed near the end of the hall way and Storybook can be in the living room. 

I hope to have a pretty work room again by the end of the month. 

How long into this hobby did your houses start to migrate out of the hobby room? 

Mine have lived in the living room from day 1, front and center! They tend to migrate to other rooms in the house when I run out of space in the living room. :) 

There was never room for a "finished"  house in the room I built in, and I'm certainly not going to keep them in the workshop I have now, once they're done!

My houses tend to migrate. Lloyd keeps saying it's too bad we have so much less space in the condo -- but in the past week I've rearranged a bit to make room for two more to move over from the storage locker. Marie Laveau's cottage, the pottery shop, the Haunted Hangout, and the Beacon Hill in progress are on display now, plus the White Orchid Christmas house is hidden on a closet shelf. It may just come out for seasonal viewing. I'd like to get the quilt shop over here and actually have a place for the rather large footprint Houseboat -- atop a cedar chest belonging to L's mother, which is locked and we don't have a key. (It's empty, that we know.) 

I have something of a bargaining chip. L has several dozen 3-ring binders stuffed with printouts, mostly of outdated stuff, that have filled the very long shelf in his closet and he's wanting another 3-shelf bookcase to expand the collection. He made the mistake of asking me if I thought he could get one, silly man. Sure -- if we get rid of one of your drafting tables (really, one is just a junk collector with dead space underneath). With the shuffling of furniture, he may not even notice a house or two creeping in. :D 

• Like 1

Oily. Happened almost immediately. I actually got yelled out by my husband yesterday to get everything out of the kitchen. So now I have taken over my dining room. One house under the table, one on top. 

• Like 1

Mine are everywhere except in his spaces. He has always been very encouraging and offers ideas as well, he even put up with eating at the coffee table for a year because I was designing / building a house at the dining table. I couldn't take it if he did this though he never cleans up, is that fair to say? When I am not building or working I am cleaning. LOL!

I used to have mine displayed in the living room, but DH wasn't happy with that, said they don't belong there. After I built one more I agreed to move them to the big 3rd floor spare room. When we needed to use the 3rd floor for new England Miniatures stock I had to carry them all to my unheated studio above the garage. After closing NEM, I decided to tote them back to the 3rd floor and turned that into my studio. I'm planning on giving the Bungalow to my granddaughter who turned 5 recently and should be able to enjoy it without trashing it. My older granddaughter manage to destroy 2 plastic dollhouses before I ever got a chance to do a special one for her. 

I keep my 4 room boxes in the dining room. 

• Like 1

My house moved into the living room as soon as it entered the front door and never moved from there.

It's a big house; I've put it on a TVtable on wheels so it can easily be rotated if  needed.    Plus I don't have a husband who can complain about it :D 

I must admit, after a year along came a big wooden table and of course a chair, and my printer, and small roomboxes for whenever I want to do a small project, 

and crates with 'stuff'' so I have materials on hand. Concluding: it brought an awfull mess, not at all living-room-y, but uhmmm I can work on my house when I feel like it :) 

I rotate the larger traditional house into the family room, the move corresponds to the need to clean and dust.  the front opening stay cleaner so they move around the main level of the house. The small houses stay on shelves. I finish the insides but seldom furnish them.

well since you asked, I have a few that migrated out of the house...DH is a manager of an Antiques and Collectables store so some of my pieces have been to the store tucked into out of the way places to promote interest in the booths.  the downside is that he's sold them..there are a few that he hasn't sold but not for lack of trying (he'd probably sell me if it wasn't against the law) but all in all it's a good thing we are older and sometimes you need to downsize a bit.