Hi!  I may have done this years ago, when I first registered, but I honestly don't remember.  Just pretend we haven't met. ;) 

I have two school-age children that are growing to a stage where I can take up minis again.  My biggest, probably lifelong, project is my bashed (improved?) Foxhall Manor.  I bought it years ago at the HBS Outlet; assembled the shell, wired it, custom built a tower, cut new windows, made new rooms, and it has sat that way ever since.  I've just started getting everything back out again.  Because it has sat vacant for so long, I'm finding things that need to be redone as I go.  It's frustrating, but a labor of love, I suppose.

I also have in my mini 'hood:

• A San Franciscan from my childhood, that will one day be redone as a haunted house (the yellowing wallpaper is aged to perfection)
  • An Orchid where Santa Claus and his elves work
  • A modern garage, I think I built it from a Nutshell News article when I was in high school
  • A fairy garden (the kind you have to remember to water)
  • A hat shop that is part of the Street of Shops; the others are in progress, but it will eventually include a bakery

While I had children underfoot, I took up portable, less fragile, projects, like knitting/crochet, and sewing.  I am enjoying incorporating some of those things into miniature.  

In between waiting for paint to dry on my Foxhall, I've gotten out my FIMO, and have made some tiny mice for the kitchen (one of them is currently my profile pic.)

Thanks for letting me join in!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kathi17 said:

I can't wait until you put some pictures into an album. I especially can't wait to see the bashed Foxhall. That's one of the houses I dream about!

I definitely need to take more in-progress pictures!  Nothing like spending an entire day on it, and feeling like I'm exactly where I've started...and with a To-Do list twice as long. :)  Will try to get a couple up this week!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Our eldest son is threatening to move to Atlanta.  Many, many years ago we used to live in Gainesville, GA.

We stay out of the city as much as possible, but it's nice to know it's there just in case!  IKEA is just one example. :) 

Gainesville is more my speed!

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Our eldest son is threatening to move to Atlanta.  Many, many years ago we used to live in Gainesville, GA.

We moved to Gainesville last Christmas after 50+ years in Massachusetts. Had to get away from the snow

16 minutes ago, jaxenro said:

We moved to Gainesville last Christmas after 50+ years in Massachusetts. Had to get away from the snow

We lived near the western end of Enota Ave.  The year we went hiking to the north GA waterfalls we drove into Gainesville to see if we remembered how to get around, and drove by the old house.  It was so tiny! and no one appeared to be at home, so we didn't get out to see if the Vesalius anatomy prints I painted life size on two of the kitchen walls were still there.  I do remember we had a black widow spider set up shop next to the washing machine in the basement; first, last & only time I had to kill a spider!  Then we stopped in town for lunch and halfway through we realized we were sitting in the old Nickelback Shoe Store!

Tracy is in McDonough and Peggi is between there and Macon.