Do you do this too?

MLI Designs

Fingers crossed for healing of that shoulder. Even if he retires, he needs to be able to lug heavy dh finds up to your studio for you!!

15 hours ago, smjsome said:

dr came out, finally says about 1/2 an hour more! Yay.  He is a cop, and tore his rotator cuff completely - they've been trying to fix it for a while.

So glad to hear the operation is over. Hoping it was completely successful. 

• Like 1

This thread was made for me! Nodding my head to all of you who do the same, and reassuring me that this is normal!   

I do this for most things in life, which tends to extend decision making time. RL home renovations, new processes for work, job hunting, health, vacations, etc. 

So many bookmarks on my browsers, pins on Pinterest, notes on OneNote. I've gotten better at organizing them and culling, deleting broken links.  

Stay calm and research Minis!

• Like 2

I have to say I, too, am guilty as charged. I have a photo file on my computer called "Inspiration" - and that's where I put pictures of things I would love to make in mini.  Then I have a file in MSW called "Idea Box"  where I keep files and notes and plans for future builds. I suppose you all know about the website called Houzz?  I can browse there for hours looking at real houses and furnishings and everything else, getting ideas - or just seeing how something is supposed to be built! And don't forget the whole huge folder called Tutorials!  Need a new computer for that one! 

And I keep learning ... and learning!  I am so ready to finish my Federal Manor, but I am so glad I haven't started it yet. I've learned so much more since I first got it. It will be my "forever" dollhouse and I want it done right!

• Like 1

I spend a lot of the day on the computer, on forums, and reading and reading and typing and typing. Looking at pictures is one way things can sink into my brain without me making any effort to concentrate or expend energy. So after a hard day, I like to just leaf through magazines and look at the pictures or just browse miniatures and real life rooms to "relax my brain". My favorite thing lately is to just google a dollhouse or room and then look at all the images. I have tons of rooms and houses saved on my computer that make me feel good, and pieces of furniture that interest me or that I don't want to forget. I also collect tons of pictures on Photobucket and sometimes I just go through them there. I have a whole category of just "staircases", for instance.

I thought I was the odd one.

• Like 3

Whenever I get a spark of imagination for something, I do the same thing. I save the links in Favorites. I start a Pinterest  board. I save photos in a new folder on my PC. I source out and save links for materials. I shop sales and buy things way in advance of doing the project. I have drawers dedicated to storing minis and materials for specific future projects. It is an obsession. I love every minute of it, and if the solar flare ever happens, I may run out of water and canned foods but I will never run out of materials or miniature projects. Call me a mini prepper, but  you'll want to be at my place when it happens! :O)

• Like 2

I do it so much that I get little done sometimes. I look at eye candy for hours n hours, but I am getting older ha and worried about running out of time. I am obsessed about it. I can't seem to get enough! There is always more photos, videos, and tutorials to look at! 

I have ben more or less creative my entire life, so being elsewhere mentally is a common state.  I'm glad the rotator cuff surgery is over and hope it was successful, and that Selkie's hubs' surgery will go well and successfully, as well.

I've got over 2.5 GB of dollhouse inspiration and tutorials saved on my external hard drive. I guess I do go in for overkill. Told myself to stop looking for more pictures, I'll never be able to use them all, but I keep stumbling on pictures and can't pass them up.

9 hours ago, grazhina said:

I've got over 2.5 GB of dollhouse inspiration and tutorials saved on my external hard drive. I guess I do go in for overkill. Told myself to stop looking for more pictures, I'll never be able to use them all, but I keep stumbling on pictures and can't pass them up.

I do that, too.

On the husbands health front, so far so good.  I had a silly dream of him sleeping, me working on the bakery - no, it's been liking having an infant, I have had to wake him every few hours for the pain meds, and when he needs to get up for any reason, Ihave two machines he's hooked to - an ice machine and tens unit, I had to unhook him.  And rehook him up.  So basically, it's been like having an infant, I had to nap when he slept.  

But we've figured out a way for him to unhook alone, so he's gained some independence, and I'm sleeping about 5-6 hours each night.

oh, yes, and right before the surgery we had a huge 15 minute long hail storm, which after the insurance guy came, has done 36,000.00 in damage to garages, siding house, shed, etc.. 

Our little town has been invaded by roofing storm chasers - one guy said he'd just come from Las Cruces, NM, been there several months.  I guess they just travel around to wherever tha damage is.  They knock on the door continuously - one brought me Mother's Day flowers.

so, husband is gaining some mobility - as far as you can when your arm is completely immobile for 6 weeks.  A contractor has been chosen.  I feel like this week has been a marathon.

thank you for all the good wishes!