Demnsions???

Corwin

Hi i am waiting for my garfeild to come, and while i wait i like to do extensive plannig. I already have the inside planned, but i was wondering about the rectangular area at the back of the house, I'm plannig on creating a garden that can be slipped in & out, as the seasons change. (one for each season) I hope i don't sound like a pest but i was wondering if some one could give me those dimensons please (in inches if posseble :D ) I want to know how much wood to buy, i already added the chimey breasts and half walls, ect into that equsion but that measurment would help alot. :)

Thanks ;)

I never thought of that, it would be a bit of work, Hmm now you got me thinking, may be eventualy when i have more room, i have a table for it and i think this will come close to the ceiling, so maybe when i move but i don't know if i'll still be able to move it. Oh well! I'll tear out a wall :wacko:

Edid;

Ok now that i thoght about it for a minute, I want a basement, time to cut the legs down. :o I do'nt know i want one but i don't have the room. Maybe eventualy.

Where would you sugest i put the stairs? The walls at the front of the, house shuold i brick them or make it look like i took it out of the ground (dirt ect.)

Ahh you got me thinking... :dunno:

You might need to bash the stairs to look like the elegant entry stairs that rise from the sidewalk up to the front door and also down from the sidewalk to the basement scullery entrance for tradesmen's deliveries. With that "footprint" you'd have room for all sorts of magnificence: servants' hall, kitchen, scullery, wine cellar...

I build a deck for that area of my Garfield. You can see it in my gallery. Here is the link:

Deck for the Garfield

I don't know the dimensions and can't measure because I am at work but I see somebody already gave you the measurements. You will truely love building this house. I did. I am still always adding and changing things. It's a beautiful house! I love it.

I'm in the process of building an addition to my garfield in that corner. It should, if everything goes right 5 extra rooms. But a garden sounds like a lovely idea also and I adore Irene's deck. That's the nice thing about this house there are so many possiblities with it and it great to see the different things everyone does with it.

Have fun building your garfield when you get it Corwin :) .

Thanks evey one those are great ideas!

You might need to bash the stairs to look like the elegant entry stairs that rise from the sidewalk up to the front door and also down from the sidewalk to the basement scullery entrance for tradesmen's deliveries. With that "footprint" you'd have room for all sorts of magnificence: servants' hall, kitchen, scullery, wine cellar...

I like that idea better than my root cellar idea, i suppose if i have enough room, i could build a seprate box that it just 'sits' on top of and may be put in a stair case right next to the dinnig room, and then i could see, if i could make that kitchen a library, hmmm, ive always wanted one of those,.

I want my garfeild NOW. Darn shipping why can't they just email me my house... :)

If it's coming from the US you'll need LOTS of patience, I was Susanne's "secret Santa" last year and it seemed to take forever for the stuff I sent her to get to Canada! (You didn't want to hear that...)

No not at all! :) (Oh well onto plannig,) I like your idea but i would make the basement square, the rooms will be on the same foot print but i could create a slide in root cellar which would be acessable from the garden. Sculley, kitchen, will have stone floors, and the servants rooms will have dirt floor, a coal furnace, and may be a wine cellar.. and i love the ida of making the kitchen a library! For the 'dirt' on the side of the house i could use paper clay, and model rail road 'dirt' perhaps i could have roots sticking out. Ahh the possibelities!Sigh. I have to see if i can fit the garfeid first. :)