Wicker, wicker, wicker questions

rodentraiser

Save the thanks til you read this post. LOL

Once I had the photos loaded on my computer and took a good look at them, I cried a little. The only one that came out nice was taken with a flash. Let me put it a different way. The only picture that didn't show a blinding white item was the one taken with a flash (when green, blue and black all look white in the photo, it's time to redo). So I decided to redo them all with a flash. Naturally, the batteries I had put in my camera went out by the second picture.

I haven't conceded defeat yet, so I will go out and get (lots) more batteries and also a ruler. It occurs to me a few of these chairs are a little small, so I want to be able to put in the sizes as well.

The other thing is it's going to be 80 again today and tomorrow, which means my room will get up to at least 90. I have an air conditioner planned for this room, but I wasn't going to get it until next month. Who thought it was going to get this hot in May? I should have known, though.

Anyway, Saturday is supposed to be in the 60s, so I should have all day to just putz around with photos. Meantime, I have sent the list to the first person, however, I would like her to hold off with her picks until she can see the pictures.

This is frustrating, but it's also fun. And I have a whole lot more respect for people who put color catalogs together now.

So I'm off for a big slurp of something alcoholic (just kidding) and I'm also going to get a paintball gun when I get the batteries (not kidding). People who sit out under my window with their boomboxes or car alarms going are going to be surprised to see the pigeons are pooing in red, green, yellow, and blue.

Kelly, a good way to take pictures is outside in the shade, or on an overcast day without a flash. (Says me, who has been taking all those crooked pictures of my minis with a cellphone).

I actually used to do a lot of real photography, and used to photograph paintings for artists and make archival quality prints for them. We always took the photos outside in the shade so the colors would be true.

My cellphone and lack of money has made me lazy. Now I just grab the phone and snap the pictures of my minis in the living room.

Kathie, I don't remember what wicker you won from me.  Give me a clue.  One thing that I used to tell my customers when I was selling was, if you are using wicker indoors and mixing it with other furniture, try tan, brown or green.  It seems to work indoors better if it is not white.  I think that the white makes it look bigger. It stands out.

21 minutes ago, Caseymini said:

Kathie, I don't remember what wicker you won from me.  Give me a clue.  One thing that I used to tell my customers when I was selling was, if you are using wicker indoors and mixing it with other furniture, try tan, brown or green.  It seems to work indoors better if it is not white.  I think that the white makes it look bigger. It stands out.

It got packed up when we moved. I'll look for it when I have a few minutes. It was so long ago that I don't recall it exactly. I do remember thinking it should go into a garden/patio setting. I think it was white. It was a few years ago. Time flies!

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 3:33:25, kathi17 said:

Kelly, a good way to take pictures is outside in the shade, or on an overcast day without a flash. (Says me, who has been taking all those crooked pictures of my minis with a cellphone).

I actually used to do a lot of real photography, and used to photograph paintings for artists and make archival quality prints for them. We always took the photos outside in the shade so the colors would be true.

My cellphone and lack of money has made me lazy. Now I just grab the phone and snap the pictures of my minis in the living room.

You Kathies!   The two of you are giving me great advice and here I am, not seeing it till I'm all done! AHHHHHHHH......................  LOL Well, anyway, I wasn't going outside when we had sun (way too hot for me) and for the last two days, we've had no shade because now it's overcast and raining. It's Washington.

Well. anyway, so Thursday and Friday were in the mid 80s (we were breaking heat records) and yesterday and today it's been in the mid 60s and I heard the heat just go on.. I did about half the photos yesterday and then since I wasn't going to Lisa's today, I did the rest of them today. I find I can't hold the camera steady after I've taken pictures for an hour.

Anyhoo, the list, complete with pictures, measurements, and photos, was just sent out to the first person in line.

Now, I'm finally going to get something to eat today and put my room back in order.

Oh, and a special WAY TO GO to Greenleaf. I found it's possible to send a huge long PM with 111 pictures (plus or minus) in it. This forum rocks!

• Like 2

Well, the first person is sort of the guinea pig for the price list. She's already found something I screwed up, so hopefully by the time I send the list to you, all the kinks will have been worked out of it.

It's been a long day. It's aspirin time.

• Like 2

You're welcome, but it was more fun than work. Once I got the pictures taken (which should have been painless), I had a blast putting everything together. For those who don't know, I am so anal that my whole photobucket account is organized and I even have my smilies there alphabetized. I enjoy doing stuff like that, so this was a lot of the same thing and it really was fun.

Now, if I could only beam everyone over to get their stuff. Packing and shipping are not fun. Ah, well, into every life........a little trip to the PO is a given.

OK, the price list with pictures was just given to the third person on the list. No, I was not being lazy. Person #2 picked so fast after receiving the list I hadn't even finished my email to Person #1!

I have asked Person #3 to take some time. I now have two orders to get together and pack, I need to pick up books from the library and prescriptions from the store, do laundry if I want to leave my room, and it's already 1pm and I'm not even dressed yet (or awake yet, either, for that matter). We're getting there!

• Like 2

This is a heads up to everyone who PMd me. I just went through and re-organized my Inbox. I had to - I had about 25 threads and they all said 'wicker' in their title. So I ended up copying the PMs from each person in a new PM and sending them to myself with their name in the subject line. That way, all I have to do from now on when I receive a message is to copy it, drop it into their PM, and then resend it to myself. The alternative to folders.

However, what would really be helpful is if people would put their user name in the subject line instead of wicker when they contact me. Then I don't have to delete threads and no one would have to keep composing new ones. I'd really appreciate it but if you forget (or don't read this), no biggie.

Meantime, I have gone to good old reliable paper and pencil. So I have everyone written down in the order they contacted me, who has the current list, and addresses for those who have already chosen their picks from the list.

So no info was lost, but if you have seen your PMs suddenly deleted or you get a very weird PM, that was me. I'm not being rude, I'm just trying to create some order out of the chaos I seem to have started!

• Like 2

One more update to the wicker saga. I guess from here on out I will be taking payment in either MO or check, whichever is convenient for people. I have found that although Paypal will let me pay for things directly from my pre-paid debit card, I can't receive money back on it in the same way. According to them, any money being sent to me via Paypal goes into my Paypal account and then in order to get it out, I must transfer it to a bank account. Which I don't have. No biggie, it's just that my state disability goes on an EBT card, which I use when I pay for things and I can get cash back on it if I need the cash. So at this point, I don't really see the need for a checking account,nor can I really afford one. When the banks are charging $15+ a month to"service" my account, that starts being a regular monthly bill I can live without for the time being. It's depressing to think I'm old enough to remember when my electric bill in summer was less than that.

Anyway, to further let people know about postage........I have decided to go with Priority 2-day shipping because that includes both tracking and insurance up to $50. Besides, the boxes are free. Depending on what you order, your postage will either be $6.85 or $10.25. The cutoff seems to be about 8 pieces for the $6.85 shipping. Eight items puts it just under a pound in weight.

I also got mine today! Wonderful items I am super happy with...The Queen has already claimed 2 items as her own and one is going to Madame Bon'ey's travel trailer...

I got 1 black piece and it is my favorite...lol...tytyty again!:happydance::clap::cloud9:

• Like 1

OK, wicker list has been checked and rechecked. Pictures and numbers match. No person or wicker was harmed in the making of this latest list. And after a short delay while the list administrator sobers up again,  the list has now gone out to the fifth person on the list! YAY!

Note to any future sellers here - make sure the items you ship don't look the same.:oops:   *mutter, mutter, mutter*

• Like 1

in my joy...lol I sat down today and dry brushed the sofa with white...I used a stiff brush and lightly loaded my brush...

I didnt want it to look painted...I am happy to say it worked just fine for my wants and likes....its now on the Queens porch with grammy and gramps...

soooo once again a big THANK-YOU!

• Like 3

Hey, Nutti, I may try that.......and you are so welcome - check your PMs!

Cyn, I'm so glad it got there! That was fast. I'll let you know when your check arrives.

And the wicker list just went out to the 7th person!

• Like 1

OK, just letting everyone know that the wicker has all been spoken for. You guys are awesome - thank you so much for putting up with my twitheadedness as I attempted to do something I hadn't ever done before. But it's been great talking to everyone. Thank you to all of you again, including all the great people who didn't buy any wicker but helped me decide what to do with it besides have a wicker burning. You all have no idea how tempted I was to do that at one point.:eek: Although I should be saving this wicker money for new glasses, I now have enough to BUY AN AIR CONDITIONER (a mini one - all I need) for this summer! I was going to get a focuser for my telescope, but an air conditioner is top priority right now. You guys have no idea how wonderful that's going to be for me. I die of heat and put on the fan when it's 75° out. I get physically sick from heat when it's over 80. Finally, I may get something done on the dollhouses this summer instead of lying around with a bag of ice cubes on my head all day long. BOOYAH! :cheer: Thank you so much, I am so grateful to you all! *jumping around like a spider on speed* :bounce:

• Like 3