Hello from Georgia!

Hi, I just joined this site and am looking forward to getting to know everyone. I am currently working on a Greenleaf Beacon Hill dollhouse that I purchased already assembled from a nice young lady on Craigslist. It's in good structural condition, but needs cosmetics. I am starting by painting the outside a teal blue with white trim. I have worked on other dollhouses in the past - I've never built one from scratch, I just finish what others have begun.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

Amy

13166067_10208369033855488_3585732596224365753_n.jpg

Welcome to the little family, Amy.  I have not built a Beacon Hill, but a lot of our members have.  I like your colors.  When you have made 5 posts you can make an album of your rehab in the Members' Gallery.

• Like 1

Thank you, Havanaholly!

My dollhouse is already assembled but I think I am going to have to remove the staircase in order to put up wallpaper. I don't know what kind of glue she used, but I'm thinking if I shoot hot air from a blow dryer it may loosen the adhesive. Either that or I tear up the staircase and have to reassemble it.

The inside needs lots of attention, too.

Welcome to the forum, Amy. Good luck with the Beacon Hill staircase. It's a bear to assemble and install. Getting it out will be a real challenge. If the builder didn't cut them off, there are tabs that fit into slots on the ground floor, so the unit needs to be lifted slightly to get it out. In my BH, I cut off the tabs and sliced the unit in half at the ceiling level so it can be slid out for decorating, cleaning, etc. Do post photos of your work in progress so others can learn from your efforts. When you have five posts, you can start an Album in your own Gallery.

Hi Amy- and Welcome! :wave:

I rehab houses as well, so I know the frustration of trying to correct someone else's mistakes!  And when rehabbing- a heat gun certainly is your friend!  ;)

Good luck on your Beacon Hill!