Building

FarmGirl

I have a board with grass on it and a house that doesn't cover the board where a porch should be. I want to build a porch on the front and right side. Greenleaf doesn't offer one for me to buy and didn't suggest any plans to do it. What do lovely people have that you could swap to me for something I might have?

I think you tried to post a picture but it didn't come through? (I deleted a bunch of extra space from the bottom of your post.)

Could you try again so we can see what you're hoping to replace?

Oh my how smart you are. That DOES look like the same shape.  Now I have to find out if they sell only the porch or if someone has the plans to build it. Thank you so much for this info. Now I have a place to start.  I found a broken drawer on the side of the road last week and picked it up.  The bottom was about the same thickness as the board used in the house so I may try to cut it to use as the floor. I wonder if skewers are big enough to use as posts? 

8 hours ago, FarmGirl said:

Oh my how smart you are. That DOES look like the same shape.  Now I have to find out if they sell only the porch or if someone has the plans to build it. Thank you so much for this info. Now I have a place to start.  I found a broken drawer on the side of the road last week and picked it up.  The bottom was about the same thickness as the board used in the house so I may try to cut it to use as the floor. I wonder if skewers are big enough to use as posts? 

Skewers are probably to skinny unless you bunch some together, but big box hardware stores like Lowes sell dowels in reasonable diameters.