What did I buy? (help)

20 posts in this topic

So, I won an online auction for wallpaper AND two kits came with the bid as a "bonus".  Since I am so new to houses/kits/miniatures, can anyone tell me what I bought?  I have one photo and no other info.  I won't get them until this weekend, but I'm really curious. 

IMG_2881.JPG

1 person likes this

The other one looks like an RGT (Real Good Toys) house, too - but I don't recall there ever being a Chesapeake house but maybe it is really old. However, it says 15 rooms, and that means it is one of the larger ones. Like the Harborside. Wow - that seems like a great deal.

Those can't be whole dollhouse kits. Way too expensive to ship as a "bonus"...? And it doesn't seem like enough pieces, a RGT dollhouse kit would have plywood or MDF walls.

I searched for FK on the RGT website and it might stand for "finishing kit". Here's something that has an fk in the product number: http://www.realgoodtoys.com/products/junior-finishing-kit

So it seems like those are finishing kits for the [url=http://www.realgoodtoys.com/products/3200-series-shell-dollhouse-kit]3200 shell (the Altamont) and the 1710 shell, which isn't on their website. Maybe the pieces to build the optional porches etc.?

Here's one for the Simplicity dollhouse that includes siding and shingles: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Simplicity-Doll-House-Model-No-S-700FK-Finishing-Kit-/391440647341

I bid on the auction because there was 100+ wall papers!  I got the two kits, the wall paper and a microlux (sp?) table saw all for $100. There's no shipping either, but I do have to drive an hour to get it all.  I really wanted it for the wall paper/saw, but the kits seemed interesting. I'm gonna bet they are some sort of finishing kits because they don't look too big. That just means I have scrap building supplies I suppose! :)   Thanks for the help! 

5 people like this

Wow, even if those are only finishing kits, you should be getting a lot of interesting moldings and things to use in your other builds!

2 minutes ago, Trinh said:

I bid on the auction because there was 100+ wall papers!  I got the two kits, the wall paper and a microlux (sp?) table saw all for $100. There's no shipping either, but I do have to drive an hour to get it all.  I really wanted it for the wall paper/saw, but the kits seemed interesting. I'm gonna bet they are some sort of finishing kits because they don't look too big. That just means I have scrap building supplies I suppose! :)   Thanks for the help! 

I think you got a really wonderful deal!

I'm pretty excited! I'm not familiar with the saw brand, so I'm hoping it will cut what I need & not be wonky. I looked that up and it looks like they are around 150$ new? I was hoping I didn't over bid.  I see so much on eBay, but I'm afraid of bidding because I never know what everything is worth.  The hubs said he could try to build me a house to use up the finishing kits if I couldn't find a use for them, so that in itself is a bonus.  

IMG_2884.JPG

IMG_2885.JPG

2 people like this

Wow, what a deal. How far do you have to drive to pick it up?

Our mini club just donated a lot of wallpaper to a small sister club in northern Michigan. I hope they didn't turn around and sell it on eBay. It cost us $50 to ship it to them.

1 hour ago, Sable said:

Our mini club just donated a lot of wallpaper to a small sister club in northern Michigan. I hope they didn't turn around and sell it on eBay. It cost us $50 to ship it to them.

IDK if it's them. :( I hope not! The pick up place is near grand rapids... about 45 mins or so to get there from me.  I'll PM you with pictures of the wallpaper when I get them and see? 

Probably not it. Our shipment went to the upper peninsula, Norway, MI

I made out like a bandit! There was two huge stacks of wall paper.  The saw works like a champ & came with extra blades!  I know nothing about dollhouse wall paper, but with my rate of experimentation I knew I was going to need a bunch (just not this much).  Some of them are very pretty.  The "kits" were exactly what you all said they were, refinishing kits.  I am going to use the siding panels around the stone work :) That's one less thing to get.  Thanks for the help everyone, I'm really glad I got everything.  

IMG_2913-1.JPG

IMG_2912-1.JPG

IMG_2910-1.JPG

IMG_2955.JPG

1 person likes this

If you have any questions about the saw, just ask.  I love it. Please make sure to wear eye protection. 

OH I love that wallpaper you took a pic of - it is gorgeous!! Has such a great vintage vibe.

That's great Tabby. You got so many wonderful things. I'm really excited for you!