My New Etsy Shop!

53 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

*sigh*  I never lived in any 1:1 house that pretty!

Nor I Holly..........only when I shut my eyes tight!........but that's the joy of making them small......we can all live where we please!

for a 'little' while anyway!

15 hours ago, Sable said:

I find the floor quite intriguing. Is there an inlay between each board? So creatively cool!

If you mean the 'decking' at the front Sable.......It's constructed pretty much as real life decking with the planks over cross beams........it shows black because I did the whole thing on a 'pull out' base of black mount card. The spacing between the individual planks is 1.5mm.........about right when scaled up.........at least if our decking at home is anything to go by!

Does look like inlay on this picture though.

On 13/02/2017, 15:56:18, KathieB said:

MIke, did you make the sink or is it purchased? 

Purchased Kathie......The excellent 'Elf Miniatures'.................This was a quickie!

So with the modular house project finished I had intended to take a break and help out in the garden!.........Rosemary looked horror struck when I told her and the thought of me on the loose and with something sharp and pointy in her garden led her to taking the only course of action to save her precious greenery................She ordered me a new pacifier (dummy)!

It arrives tomorrow!...........MikeaMiniatures.........the new Dolls House Workshop and Shop

MMSSketch.jpg

11 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

You're so lucky to have such a supportive wife! I'll miss seeing additions to the modular house, but looking forward to the new build.

Still a couple of bits on the modular house.........I'm waiting on the glass for the ground floor and I still plan on doing some exterior lighting. Rosemary has always been supportive but in this case she's being protective!........I may feel quite at home with a craft knife in my hand but something Bigger! Sharper!............I'll take some pics as the spring flowers start to show..............You will soon see why she wants to keep me 'safe' indoors!

9 minutes ago, KathieB said:

That is one awesome house, Mike ... and an equally awesome wife. :) 

I just knew she would crack!.........As soon as I began discussing my 'plans' for the 'new garden'.......she paled, gave an odd..........well.. smile I suppose and then very quietly (almost a whisper) she suggested that I might like to start something new!.....something new indoors!

26 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

You're so lucky to have such a supportive wife! I'll miss seeing additions to the modular house, but looking forward to the new build.

18 minutes ago, KathieB said:

That is one awesome house, Mike ... and an equally awesome wife. :) 

But you're both right........she's a gem!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MikeUK said:

Only a prototype thus far but I might just try it in a different wood and then I might float it on Etsy!.....might

SC043s.jpg

SC044s.jpg

This group is just as good at staging our photos as it is building our builds. I love how we take the time to set up for our photos.  Very creative setting you have there, Mike.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sable said:

This group is just as good at staging our photos as it is building our builds. I love how we take the time to set up for our photos.  Very creative setting you have there, Mike.

Thanks Sable.......all part of the fun!

If I didn't wish you all the best with what is happening in your life at the moment then all the best!........If I did already then all the best again! xx

8 hours ago, MikeUK said:

Thanks Sable.......all part of the fun!

If I didn't wish you all the best with what is happening in your life at the moment then all the best!........If I did already then all the best again! xx

Thanks Mike, I've just been wallowing in self pity. I've had this nose for 62 years. Was kind of attached to it. As it turns out this is a very common thing here in Florida so I've accepted it. It's just that the process is so long. But according to everyone, my new nose will be just lovely with hardly any noticeable scarring. So I'll be just fine.